Trying to Make a Decision

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by MidTennTrucker, Dec 24, 2015.

1. MidTennTrucker

MidTennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    Well, I am set for orientation starting this coming Monday. I will be driving to Cookeville Sunday afternoon. Luckily I only live about 100 miles from there:)

chopper103in Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I worked for Averitt 2 months..worst 2 months of my life...

4. MidTennTrucker

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    I hear ya. Everyone has different experiences. There are obviously hundreds of drivers who are very happy at Averitt, just as I'm sure there are some who aren't. I plan to put in a year and then see where I am at. Once I have some experience, other opportunities will be available. I'm actually very interested in Big G Express, but of course I need to get some experience first.

5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    100 miles? what did they do move one of them? LOL.... I used to work for BellSouth so I was out that way many many times.

6. MidTennTrucker

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    I live about 30 miles south of downtown Nashville. From my house to Averitt in Cookeville is 105 miles. I will be based at the Nashville service center after my training.

Flareblitz Thanks this.
  7. Flareblitz

Flareblitz Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are you staying at their orientation hotel? I figure being that far away you will. Nashville has one of the best shops. They are very thorough.

MidTennTrucker Thanks this.
  8. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    OK please tell us why. So many come on this site and try to ruin one person's enthusiasm because they couldn't hack it.

9. MidTennTrucker

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    Yes, I will be staying at the hotel. A bit too far to drive back and forth. Glad to hear that about Nashville.

Flareblitz Thanks this.
  10. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I work for Big G and love it...if you have a good driving record they will hire you with 6 months but it has to be a clean mvr.

11. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I have been driving for 14 years and since averitt has over a 195% turnover rate i would not say some cant hack it..

1800 miles a week was a good week because they would constantly sit me at one of their ltl terminals to cover ltl loads that never materialized and would tell me to wait until morning when dispatch came in..had this happen every week and would sit 24 to 36 hours waiting on loads.

Since i live in cookeville i had high hopes for them and they didnt live up to that.

I have driven for some really good companies over the years. A couple went out of business some just lost contracts. But averitt was poorly managed...

You would think it would change but a lot of drivers who live around cookeville have tried them with the same results.

That being said,my neighbor drives for them and loves them. It is his first driving job and before that he was working for minimum wage so $500.00 a week is big money to him...to each his own...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.