Trying to Make a Decision

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by MidTennTrucker, Dec 24, 2015.

1. MidTennTrucker

MidTennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    I decided to move to another company where I could make more money, but I would not hesitate to recommend Averitt. I have nothing bad to say about them. They were excellent in the time I was there. I just found something that was a better fit for me long term.

kiwi23, El Viajero and chopper103in Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. El Viajero

El Viajero Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will give them a call tomorrow.

MidTennTrucker Thanks this.
  4. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    That seems to be Averitt problem in their truck load division. Trainers and a few others get most of the miles. You have to make a decent living when you have a family

El Viajero and MidTennTrucker Thank this.
  5. El Viajero

Mar 7, 2016
    Well I had a problem with the prescreen physical at Schneider and can't drive tankers. I may transfer to their dry can division but it is less money and my contract states that I was to be a tanker driver. My problem is my knees and weight make my balance shaky as well as I have a hard time crouching down on the little catwalk they had.

So I am tempted to call Averitt and see what they are offering. They sent a recruiter to my CDL school and it seemed like a good company.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  6. MidTennTrucker

MidTennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Middle Tennessee
    It wouldn't hurt to call them. They do make you pass a DOT physical during orientation. It was nothing out of the ordinary. You do have to squat down and pick up a weighted crate and sit it on a table and then put it back on the floor. It's not that heavy.

El Viajero Thanks this.
  7. El Viajero

Mar 7, 2016
    I had to do that for Schneider and I was fine. It's the balance beam act that got me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.