trying too make a comeback in flatbed

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Waco, May 5, 2013.

1. Waco

Waco Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Tavares,Fl.
    This is for Noggin i have been reading alot of info on these boards and i know your with Melton just some questions i left flatbedding in 08 because of economy like alot of ppl and switched over too dryvan and it worked for awhile but have never really been happy since i came off flatbed guess i love hard work done it all my life i did come off truck in 2010.
    Iam also retired have been since 2001 just wanting too know how the frieght has been and what i can expect on average per week i do have a total of 3yrs flatbedding year and half with coastal transpot out of
    savannah,ga. and also year and half with Tandem transport out of savannah,ga.Iam sure i would be running northeast alot if frieght is still good up there.
    i have just about what ever you can get on a flatbed steel of all kinds lumber,wallboard,pipe,jet engines for airforce.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bserious

bserious Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I would have to say flatbed is my preference, that does not mean its better or worse than other types of trailers, freight is good at times, but you have to be creative, example, a coil and a small LTL with it.. otherwise your just getting by like everyone else. With expierence that you have you should make between $700.00 and $1100.00 a week, if you dont play around and are willing to push it ### at times... (find some one willing to pay you, percent of load, minimum 26% and run your ars off

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I sent you a pm.

5. bserious

bserious Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I dont see a pm

6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Because I sent it to the guy directing his question at me ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.