Tulsa terminal parking question

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Johnjohn, Dec 25, 2013.

1. jomar68

jomar68 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    Would'nt you want to save time and get your truck serviced or have any problems fixed during your hometime?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Johnjohn

Johnjohn Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    OK
    I was thinking about that also. Hopefully there will be times where there are no problems or PM due. Good thing about living close to yard- if I am close to Tulsa I can break something on the truck and bring it in for repair.
    That was a joke, in case my future bosses are reading.

jomar68 and Mrh2008 Thank this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    What don't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Park your old stupid beat up piece of crap pick-up in the yard, and stop your crying. Jeeze!!! With all the issues this industry that you are WILLINGLY going to enter, THIS is a concern of yours?

I would rather THEY babysit the truck during home time if I live near a terminal. Truck, trailer, load....the whole ball of wax is on THEIR shoulders that way.

5. Johnjohn

Johnjohn Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    OK
    White dog, I know(from reading this board) that a newbie driver couldn't possibly have more sense than an old salt such as yourself, ever, but could you explain how having teenagers throw rocks at my truck would make me stronger?
    FWIW, the Tulsa parking lot doesn't look too bad. There is an '83 nissan truck sitting on flats that probably belongs to a terminated employee that I may rummage through for change.

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    FINALLY some recognition and respect! Thank you sir....I am here for your help.

I can certainly try. See....for the most part, I think you are worrying too much. In the big crime ridden city of Tulsa, Oklahoma (roll eyes).
    I have left my personal vehicle at un-fenced terminals any time I drove for a company that is within a reasonable driving distance to my home---it is convenient. And the convenience out-weighs the slim, slim, slim chance of somebody vandalizing the vehicle.
    Besides, there is probably someone working at the Tulsa terminal at any given time, and they gotta park THEIR car....ask them if they ever had any problems.

I don't blame ya; as much sitting as some of your fellow Meltonese's claims you are doing, probably need the dough at this point.

7. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    I know a few that leave cars there and they have cameras. Now the laredo terminal i would not leave a car at.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.