Turn Signal Buzzer Disconnect??

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by 58Skylane, Apr 1, 2018.

1. 58Skylane

58Skylane Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Cody, WY
    Does anyone know how to disconnect the turn signal buzzer? I’m tired of hearing the click click noise when using the turn signals!! Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Wish I could hear mine,

Just pull the flasher out.

4. Streetroddreams

Streetroddreams Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2017
    North Central Missouri
    Using the what's ????

Lol anyway the buzzy thingy should be a lol box like half the size of a cigarette pack located in the dash somewhere behind the speedo cluster

58Skylane Thanks this.
  5. 58Skylane

58Skylane Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Cody, WY
    I know right? I guess using turn signals is an old school thing. LOL

I think I found some YouTube video on how to “fix” the buzzer, so it gives me an idea how to “unfix” the buzzer. LOL

I guess maybe 99% of the people like to hear the tick tock noise. I’m part of the 1% that can’t stand that tick tock noise!! LOL

(I’m actually not a fan of Volvo to begin with!! But I’m stuck with for now. LOL)

Streetroddreams Thanks this.
  6. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    It comes from a speaker behint the dash
    Its the same as for your low air warning
    Low air warning is mantory
    Maybe you can adjust the volume by ptt

58Skylane Thanks this.
  7. Mudman78

Mudman78 Light Load Member

May 23, 2016
    Just wait long enough and it will stop working on it's own. LOL
    I lost count of how many speakers I've replaced.
    There is no flasher. The flash is built into the light control module. The "click" comes from a speaker soldered to the circuit board inside the gauge cluster. Remove the cluster and remove the back cover. You can cut one of the legs going into the circuit board and it will stop the click, but as Coyote stated, the same speaker is used for the low air beeper and warning alarm. I wouldn't recommend it if you're subject to roadside inspections.

58Skylane Thanks this.
  8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Turn the radio up. Then you should not hear it any more!

58Skylane Thanks this.
  9. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It has to stay. As said before, it’s the same speaker for low air warning and lowered airbags warning. It is a part of the dashboard. At last in Volvos. You can cut the connector if desperate. Than get a ticket on a first level one. SMH.

Btw, when you do away with the turn signal buzzer you will be one of those running down the highway with the turn signal on, not intending to change the lane.

10. The_Judge

The_Judge Light Load Member

May 25, 2008
    Montreal, Quebec
    My buzzer stopped working 3 years ago. At first I wanted to fix it as I was so used with the click-click. A friend of mine bought from a scrap yard an old Volvo dash in order to replace a part was not working on his dash. I asked him if he can let me take the "click-click" part and fix mine. I did it and for a while I got the buzzer up and running again. After less than a year that quit too.
    Now I don't have buzzer at all and I don't plan on replacing the whole dash as it is around 1000$ to replace and reprogram.
    I like not to hear that noise especially when I have to turn the flashers on for an extended period of time.
    To remove the buzzer noise all you have to do is dismantle the dash and cut one leg from the buzzer that is installed on the whole circuit board.

58Skylane Thanks this.
  11. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Good luck on a low air warning check during next inspection ⚠️.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.