Turned down by TMC....why?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by rebelgrad, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Fir,
    I would choose the Iowa orientation just for the better hotel, and you get to see the heart of the operation out there.
    -----------------------------

Tumbleweed's wife,
    Glad to be of service. Good luck.
    ----------------------------------

Coon,
    You have an interesting case. I am not sure how much your "home most nights" job counts for experience. You do know how to drive and operate a flatbed. I am guessing that you would qualify for the one week orientation and two weeks out with a trainer just to show you the way TMC operates. A recruiter would have to make the final determination.

Drivers with recent OTR experience can take a road test and a one week orientation and be assigned their own truck. It depends on how confident you are and how well you do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    We run all 48, but it expedited work. Most of our work is on the Gulf Coast, but like I said we do all 48. It's just most of the runs I get allows me to be home most of the time. But we are a OTR company.

4. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    In that case my expirence is recent OTR..

5. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    From what I see TMC hauling out on the roads, it would be a breeze for me compared to what I'm used to hauling so I dont think there would be any problems as for how comfortable I am and how well I do.

6. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    What town are you from if you don't mind me asking? Also I am trying to decide to drive myself or maybe rent a car like you did, the bus doesn't sound fun for that length of time but I may do it cause I am low on funds.

I did have a thought of waiting till the new year to start but the way the economy is going and the Big 3 might go under that would mean tons more people flooding the market. Best to get in asap.

7. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    I'm from the Manahawkin area, which is by Long Beach Island. Coastal South Jersian....Where are you Located?

8. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey

Little town called Laurel Springs, kinda near Cherry Hill.

9. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio

Hi every one, I just got back from s/c and what a learning exp it was. I was an e-2 and shawn was a great teacher. They really do stress saftey and company policy. I think TMC is a great company and 99% of the rules are just common sence and respect for their equipment and their customers. I am so glad i made the choice towards TMC over maverick as i had 2 drivers from maverick in my class and they said 300+ was laid off last 2 weeks. If you are a trucking rebel and want to not be legal and safe all i can say is keep looking because TMC will not be for you! If you can follow simple rules and you are respectful i think you can go a long way in this company. :biggrin_25525:

Wolfpack Thanks this.
  10. tumbleweed55

tumbleweed55 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    bangngears
    Hi every one, I just got back from s/c and what a learning exp it was. I was an e-2 and shawn was a great teacher. They really do stress saftey and company policy. I think TMC is a great company and 99% of the rules are just common sence and respect for their equipment and their customers. I am so glad i made the choice towards TMC over maverick as i had 2 drivers from maverick in my class and they said 300+ was laid off last 2 weeks. If you are a trucking rebel and want to not be legal and safe all i can say is keep looking because TMC will not be for you! If you can follow simple rules and you are respectful i think you can go a long way in this company.

Hi Bangngears,
    Tumbleweeds wife here....hubby is in SC right now as a newbie and doing good...so how long till you get out with a trainer or get your own truck??

11. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    My trainer and i was supposed to leave tomorrow but he has family problems so i am waiting to see what happens on monday. I have to team drive for 2 weeks and then i get my own truck. What is your hubby's first name maybe i know him?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.