Turned down by TMC....why?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by rebelgrad, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tumbleweed55

tumbleweed55 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    the hotel room ain't home, the cookin ain't mama's and to wash clothes you pay big time...TMC is honest and up front with you and you know right where you stand. You take it serious, try hard and pay attention...pay attention... pay attention, you'll be ok. Ya gotta really want this. Its no cake walk. They sent a guy home the other day cuz they said...he wasn't paying attention. They are one of the best companies to work for and hubby is very proud to have this chance. But you have to WORK for it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yeah, that chrome polishing class gets a lot of them....:biggrin_25523:

4. nikondvr

nikondvr Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Rebelgrad, your Jag should be court-martialed for malpractice. If you were six when the surgery was performed and your parents didn't tell you about it later in life then there is no way you could have possibly known therefore no fraudulent enlistment occurred. No court would expect for you to personally remember something from six y/o unless it was in records etc. that you would have to have seen at a later date.

5. LawDawg

LawDawg Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Notarps. you are too funny!

I could not agree more with what tumbleweed said. My personal opinion is those who choose to party everynight obviously don't want the job with TMC very badly. It's very simple to get your priorities in order and if you're not willing to put forth the effort required, then you have no one blame but yourself when you get flushed out.

6. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    When I was in the HVAC industry we went to schools often. I went to a school in NJ which was only a few miles from Atlantic City. When I got to the hotel they gave me a key to my room and yes we shared rooms. When I entered my room I can see someone was already there, no big deal. Needles to say I had to use the bathroom, when I turned on the light I found the tube full of beer and ice. When the guy got back he introduced himself to me and said "theres beer in the tube" "yeahhh, about that, you need to find somewhere to put that so I can take a shower". He wasent happy, but I could care less. Anyway, he was drunk the entire week, what a joke. I dont get why guys act like ##### holes when there away from home. It's like they have never been out before. I actully met the same guys some years later at a HVAC trade show. He ended up getting divorced, but he did clean up his act. And not for nothing, but If I didnt wake him up every morning he would have been sent back to his work work location and would have had to explain to his boss why he got sent back.

7. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    I'll submit one possible tip.

TMC seems like a great company to get with, especially as a student graduate. Unfortunately they told me to take a walk with no reason given. I was kicking some serious butt at the driving school and also have a doctorate, so quite a few didn't bother applying there thinking it would be a waste of time If I didn't get in. That was probably a mistake as I was turned down by Roehl as well even with 95 for school and a flawless MVR. My instructor said to dumb-down the apps a bit and that seemed to work from that point on. My point is, maybe just leave college off the app if you attended as the working theory is that they might think you would be unhappy with them or that kind of work if you have a certain background.

It is also possible that having been a full-time student for the last few years was not an acceptable work history for their purposes. I may never know for sure. It's really hard to say why one person gets picked over any other, and they aren't sayin'. It's really too bad though as I would represent any company as best I can and professionally.

8. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Rebel....

Any updates...shippy? I saw you posted in another thread about your trainer.

Come on, man.... inquiring minds want to know.... :)

I got my Tuition Assistance and GI BIll Top UP arranged and am scheduled to start school 2 March at ATI in Virginia Beach.

R/

Frat

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.