Turning Area Size

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MikeHasQuestions, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    That makes corner of the drive is your tightest spot. And any length you can add around the side would help.

The transfer dumps won't have issues the way it is now, but a container on a semi would. And as someone else mentioned, the transitions to those steep slopes may be an issue, too. Tandem drive axles only have a limited articulation before an axle gets lifted off the ground = no traction. Also, there can be issues with the trailer getting into the cab when cornering if there's major changes in slope, i.e. the truck is on level ground while the trailer is on a steep slope. 20220110_053639.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MikeHasQuestions

MikeHasQuestions Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2020
    I don't think I'll be able to round that corner because that lot belongs to our neighbor, but maybe we can get them to give us access until the house is built and all deliveries were made. As for making the 69ft longer - that too will be difficult to accomplish. But re. making the driveway slope very evenly and having the transition to the house pad not have elevation changes that would make it difficult for the wheels to get traction - I will talk to the architect about that. Thanks so much for the good feedback!

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.