TVC Pro Driver?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rook, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    STAPES:
    Seems to me you just love to throw away good money! 83 in a 65 dissmissed completely? BULL ! Post that finding here before we believe that crapola! Do you think we're that stupid?
    Slow down and you'd save more than enough for those "coupons" in fuel costs alone, tickets and TVC costs! Can't wait to see if his wife gets all those nice things when he has that great accident because from the sounds of Mr. Super Trucker he's headed for that big one and the sad thing is he's going to take an innocernt life with him!

My last lawyer in New York got a failure to maintain control from an accident with a guard rail down to a failure to park off roadway a no points ticket and the total cost was a whopping $300 for the lawyer and a $140 fine! A darn sight cheaper than that $600 a year for 10 years at $6000! And he's happy with all those benefits? ROFLMFAO!

STAPES:
    Now you do the math! Stapes, OOPS looks like my 1st ticket in 5 years wasn't as much as you put aside for the same amount of years or for one year! But the funny thing is you have that 1 post and you sure do sound like the last idiot at the TA did as he was trying to sell to a rookie until I walked up and told the guy that for $40 a year he could have OOIDA cover him with out the monthly deduction and The American Legion would cover him in eye glasses for $20 a year and he should wait till his company got him on the insurance plan to see if glasses are covered and I also told him glasses were a total refund on his taxes at the end of the year anyway! Boy kid got mad! OH MY! But try to BS an old BSer there Stapes! Next time you come in here with a sales pitch try not to sound like one of those flunkies with TVC! Insurance sales men! Gotta love them! I know I lived with one until he died. I do miss you dad!And company flunkies? ROFLMAO again!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE
    The only thing I ever have to say about tvc or the like when they start to hassle me is "Welcome to America, where for a nominal fee you can sidestep all accountability and responsibility for your actions and decisions"

4. dwayne

dwayne Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Those Verizon stores are independently operated. Therefor not a 'real' Verizon store. I never deal with anyone but my local Verizon store where I know the people that work there.

Of course Detroit Diesel has posters in a truckstop, whats wrong with that? It's not like they have people with a little booth soliciting drivers for money like other companies we know. :biggrin_2556:

Now on to my own personal experience with TVC. I was sucked in by some lady in Hubbard, OH who's sales tactics basically revolved around a low cut top and 'other' services for drivers. Needless to say I had their service for 6 months never needed it and was constantly called by TVC people trying to get me to sign up for more and more crap. When I finally tried to cancel they threatened me with legal action so I contacted a lawyer and found they couldn't do anything and proceeded to call my personal banker at Chase and have TVC blocked from my account and had a new debit card issued. Never heard from them again.

I now have my own legal escrow I can access anytime and the number of a real lawyer. Anything else is handled by my union ( Teamsters local 908 ).

PS: A TVC sticker doesn't mean jack to a cop. If you want to make a positive impression on a cop be honest and polite. Running around like a fruitcake and threatening him/her with your stable of TVC lawyers won't get you anywhere.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  5. dwayne

dwayne Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2008
    # STAPES

Kind of funny this is your 1st and only post. I bet your one of these TVC con artists trying to hustle more drivers out of their money. Belive it or not your not the first person to come to this forum and pretend to be a driver. Recruiters do it all the time. :biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:

6. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    TVC was a scam back in the early 90's,as well as the many other prepaid legal service
    jackholes.

DONT NOT PLAY THEIR GAME!

7. TruckersWife10

TruckersWife10 Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    I am a truckers wife. Have been for 2 years. I deal with all the finances at home and when my husband brought this home to me..I seemed a little iffy about it. It seemed too good to be true. So here I am researching it. Apparently, the sales lady got through to my husband because he signed up. I just put a stop payment on our bank account tonight. They got $48.85 out of us, but it wont happen again. He has got one ticket in the 2 years he's been out. It was $129 for parking on the shoulder of a rest area when he was too tired to care that there was a sign that said no parking. I believe that if we need a lawyer if a situation would arise, we would rather just get the money together ourselves. This TVC stuff seems like a really big scam...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I believe it is a total scam. Put aside about 1500.00 in a savings account. If you need to hire an attorney, hire one. Most courts you can contact direct before the court date and give them a sob story, usually you get a reduced sentence to something that won't mess up your driving record. If you have not heard back from the court with a week of the court date then call a local attorney or the local BAR ASSOCIATION for a referral.
    Normally 500.00 plus the fine.

TVC use fresh graduated law students, that are just barely a lawyer. Kind of like a truck driver fresh out of school.. You are not getting what your paying for...

Save your money and then you have it when your need it. 2 mph will keep you from most tickets...

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Seem like not too much left...... Just another trying to suck the blood out of drivers....

10. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    And here's whats really so funny about Staples; Still has only the one post! And Powder..GOOD ONE DUDE!

11. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Wait, why is TVC pre-paid garbage needed? Gullible drivers??? Oh.

Here's something that all of you already know:

1). Drive the posted speed limit: never worry about a speeding citation.
    2). Never tailgate other motorists: never worry about a 'following too closely' citation.
    3). Weigh your load at a scale if you're not sure: never worry about an overweight citation.
    4). Keep your logbook updated to the last duty status change: never worry about a logbook violation citation
    5). Drive within your hours of service: never worry about violating the hours of service rules set in place by the federal safety admin.
    6). Drive safely and defensively to avoid accidents.

If you are too stupid to follow simple guidelines as a CDL holder, then by all means purchase prepaid legal services. Those guys make money off of gullible careless drivers anyway.

I'm usually a nice person, but no more. I blatantly ignore those TVC sales reps. Even the hot women. I hate salesmen that can't take no for an answer in general. I'm a company driver for crying out loud that doesn't make alot of money.

Pur48Ted and CivilWerks Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.