TWIC question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by HalpinUout, May 29, 2017.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I just received my TWIC last week and then a couple days later received the PIN # that was mailed separately for security reasons. How many places that you have been to actually have needed both? Kind of a hassle IMO to try and remember another password/pin ( as if I don't have enough ) or to have a piece of paper or something taking up space in my wallet or where ever I plan on keeping it. ( The thought of losing it and then having to redo the whole thing is just a pain in the rear )

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Never had to use the PIN# yet... You have a smart phone? Create a contact called TWIC and put your pin instead of the phone #...

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I've never been asked my pin by anyone/place.....

And I don't know it anyways...

ChicagoJohn, HalpinUout and fargonaz Thank this.
  5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Hell, I've never even been asked for my TWIC, let alone the PIN for it.

6. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    I get asked to show my twic several times a week, pin? Never been asked, I wouldn't remember if asked

ChicagoJohn and HalpinUout Thank this.
  7. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I am starting to think it was to grab my money....I have not used the card or the pin one time in 19 months of driving with it.

Bean Jr., Klleetrucking and HalpinUout Thank this.
  8. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    One time,asked for my pin#,at the Virginia International Gateway Terminal,Portsmouth,Va.It's a newer container terminal,but they also do RO-RO for the US Govt.Took a military fire truck in there once a few years ago,and they wanted my TWIC,no problem,but they wanted my pin# also.I had no idea.Had to wait about and hour and a half,while they verified my TWIC,till they gave me a gate pass.Huge PITA.Click on the google map thing and read the 22 reviews of this terminal,funny.

Google Maps

HaulinCars and HalpinUout Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i got my TWIC when it first came out. i have been to gasoline and home heating oil storage tank facilities, never needed it.

i got rid of it at the renewal. no plans on getting it back

so sorry, i can't answer your question about the PIN #.

easytopleez33 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  10. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    I went to a armory in Baltimore and had mine ready and they said nope we don't need it.

HalpinUout and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    You must have never gone to a port. At least not Jacksonville, Savannah, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami. They TWIC you minimum of once as depending on where your going I have been asked for it 3x in a single visit. And your support to wear/display it at all times while on port property.

If your going to the Port of Jacksonville you also need a separate Jacksonville Port ID. I have not run into needing a port specific ID elsewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.