Two Jobs One Choice

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Yourmomsbobtail, Nov 12, 2013.

1. wilfredbacon15

wilfredbacon15 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    Nice advice, I like this because this is true.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Their lumpers sucked when I worked there too. Always worried about them stealing or messing stuff up. It was a pretty stressful job and lots of drivers complained about that same thing. One driver I knew was robbed and assaulted by his lumpers in Chicago. I only did that job for 9 months and made more money then any other year working in trucking, even in the union shops. Plus I had my own truck, it wasn't nice but it was a money maker and it wasn't governed! I knew some guys at Allied that had worked 10 years and retired. They got a couple more trucks and stayed leased on and put drivers in them. Houses paid off and about a million in the bank at the time the left. Now just relaxing while others do the work. It's what I should have done, oh well I still can I guess.

I think you are making the right decision. Good luck with your marriage and such.

4. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    dam it, man, you guys are now making me think about doing such thing...

I'm getting tired of the BS and cronyism of LTL and I'm thinking about options. I would definitely not leave unless I can make a lot of money and be ungoverned. But what about home time? Can you still afford to come home every other weekend at least? It shouldn't be too hard to get loads into Central Florida, everybody and their brother moves here all the time lol

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Do you really think there isn't BS and cronyism in EVERY job and EVERY company? It is there, to one extent or another, no matter where you are. Even if you have your own authority and are over the road, you will find it with your brokers, and with shippers and receivers. It is something you just have to learn to live with, and work around.

That being said, it never hurts to keep looking at your options. Just don't believe that the "grass is always greener," because if the grass is that green, that means it is well fertilized. . .

ACH1130 Thanks this.
  6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I agree with Big Don, every company has their BS, no such thing as the perfect job and if there were they'd be impossible to get on with

7. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    True, although some more than others. I'm really starting to consider many options. I'm kind of in the same situation as this dude, although on the other side of the picture. I'm also single with zero debt or dependents. Also have some savings. I'm trying to get advice.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    OI!, I will be most happy to share my advice with you. Just share your savings with me!:biggrin_2559:

9. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Nah, too many piss bottles were filled to earn those savings, I shall guard them with my life lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.