Two years is all I can take!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jimbowilly, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jimbowilly

jimbowilly Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Troy, NY
    It seems with me at least. 2 yrs is all I can take working for a trucking company. It's not the inexperienced supervisors, or the company policies.
    It's the favoritism shown to a handful of drivers.
    I've been driving for 30+yrs.
    Every trucking company I've worked for, takes care of a handful of drivers. The rest of the drivers might as well be part time employees .
    Sure, the company will work you hard when you are at minimum pay scale.

What can I do. Driving is my thing. Obviously!
    Just feels good to vent.
    At present I transport containers for JB Hunt. I start at 07:00, M - F. With weekends off ( unless I volunteer to work ). I never thought I would say I work for JB Hunt!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    You have been doing this for 31 years,and ask a question such as that? That would be comparable to the "late" Wilt Chamberlain,-who claimed to have slept-with over 25,000 women,asking for advice on how to have good sex,after number 20,000.......:biggrin_2559:

zebcohobo Thanks this.
  4. Diesel Blues

Diesel Blues Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    How may drivers are included in the "handful"? In your estimation, what percentage of drivers get preferential treatment? Is there a "game" that needs to be played to get into the preferential treatment club? Is it hard work over a long period of time? Perhaps buying the DM a birthday present and card for the holidays?

Maybe you need to tell your DM that their child is the best ball player in the world while every knows he lacks the coordination to be an athlete. I'm grasping at straws here, but you get the idea.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Where you been Jim? That's SOP ! It's always there....... sometimes you can't see it, sometimes you can...but it's there.

Those boys have suction , that's why we call 'em "suck arses". If the dispactcher makes a right turn they would get a broke neck.......

JMO

6. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas

Uhm Blue...... no man......no.

7. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    I have usually been one of those "favorite" drivers. What is ironic about it is that I don't put up with any ########. Maybe that is the secret, I don't know. I pick my battles. Do your job right. Have good logs, be on time, take care of the equipment. Respect is earned, but don't be a doormat either. I just don't accept the unacceptable, I am in command of that truck. If it's not safe to drive, I park it. If it's time to go home, I won't pull a load going the opposite way.

If you are good at what you do, and expect respect as well as being respectful, it will go along way.

Lonesome, THBatMan8, Shaggy and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    Maybe if you stayed longer than two years you could become one of those favorite drivers!

9. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    hey you will be alright you have been with 15 companies so far you still have 30 more years of job hoppin ahead of ya!

10. THE ROAD VIRUS

THE ROAD VIRUS Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Nomad
    banker's hours monday through friday with weekends off isn't showing you favoritism? I am confused on your post. It seems that JB is "taking care" of you with that shift.

11. WCM

WCM Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2010
    columbus ohio
    I can relate and do understand the best buddy plan because I pull containers as well. Most of the responses you'll get around here will be the same resonse you'll get going down the road talking on your CB. A smart ### reply. Hang in there but just remember it will never change no matter where you go......You'll always have the buddy plan... It sucks!!

Bill

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.