Typical Millis OTR schedule?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by 59EX, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Most likely, if your OTR, you'll grab a load and head North until it's time to come home. If you're regional, you'll run the SE and get home on weekends

59EX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheyCallMeTaterSalad

TheyCallMeTaterSalad Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2013
    New York State
    You basically make your own schedule. If you want to stay out for 6 months and then go home they are not going to stop you. All they "require" is 7 days out if i remember right. You want to go home every 7 days they will route you that way. but dont expect the miles to be there much unless you live in a major freight lane.

For every 7 out i think you get 1.5 home. if you so choose. I know i ran about 21 out and 3 at home.
    7 / 1.5
    14 /3
    21 / 4.5

59EX Thanks this.
  4. Solo_Seat

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    What you have to know is if you go home after 7 they will kill you on the miles. They wont put a lot of effort in you if you don't put a lot of effort back. That's trucking.

59EX Thanks this.
  5. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Oh yeah, definitely not planning that kind of schedule. I know if they have to route me home every week it's going to kill my miles.

14/3 or 21/4 should work alright for me.

6. Solo_Seat

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
  7. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I do 28 out, 4.5 home. I have no life and it's a nice bit of bank.

FLYMIKEXL and 59EX Thank this.
  8. WisconsinF150

WisconsinF150 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Millis uses a Triangular Template. Wisconsin -- New York -- Georgia. The bulk of their work is within that triangle.

That being said, they now do a lot of work in Texas. If you don't live in that triangle or in Texas, and you submit an app., you better follow it up with a phone call. The computer is programmed to dismiss any app. if submitted from most states.

You'll be sitting at home waiting for a call that will never be made. You'd think Millis would be kind enough to mention that on their site ... but they aren't.

9. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    I live in GA and I still had to call. The triangle is pretty much dead accurate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.