Tyson Foods, Inc. - Springdale, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by scanner-man, Nov 22, 2006.

1. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    New Holland PA facility has an opening for a shuttle driver, not sure what this entails, the woman I spoke with was not very friendly when I asked. She did tell me you would need to live within 50 miles of the facility,I'm in Philly she said that's too far. I called Wed. so this is current info....Good Luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerswife1

truckerswife1 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    drkwlf1969, Is Tyson currently hiring experienced drivers out of Alabama? We live about 8 miles south of the Blountsville Plant and my husband has 5 years current experience.

Thank you,

4. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    how is there equipment

5. drkwlf1969

drkwlf1969 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Anniston, Alabama
    Unfortunately no...Since we are primarily based in Springdale, AR. They are pretty much limiting their new hires to that area, we closed our terminal in Alabama back in November of 2009 to consolidate the fleets to centralized locations. I am told that we are currently doing some serious hiring in Nebraska to help with the influx of loads coming out of our pork and beef facilities.
    Tyson is currently only operating 2 plants in Alabama, so in order to get you home when you want, and get you a load out of the area, that is why they are only hiring in the areas mentioned above. The two plants in Alabama average about 20 loads a day, and with already 100 trucks with people from Alabama, it makes it a little difficult. But I wish you the best on your search for companies to work for. Tyson has always treated me well. I have been with them since January of 2000. Can't say it's perfect, no company is, but great pay, great benefits and a family atmosphere from a big company is rare, so that's why I am still there.

6. drkwlf1969

Apr 8, 2009
    Anniston, Alabama
    I have a 2010 International ProStar...I don't like it as well as my 2005 Volvo, but its a little roomier in the sleeper, not that I get much time back there...mostly up in the office. But all our trucks are 4 years or newer, depending on the miles it has. We usually lease them for 4 years or 600000 miles which ever comes first. My Volvo had 510k when it was traded in, I got this Farm Tractor with 26 miles on it. Our trailers are 5 years or newer, and we use Utility, since they are lighter. (they get scratched a lot easier too...) And we supposedly special ordered lighter than usual ones because of the EPA components on the new trucks making the tractors heavier. All our newest trucks are equipped with APU's, and PeopleNet Communication software/hardware. Autoshift, Cumming ISX motors, Carrier APU's. Trailers have Carrier Reefer units. Average range of tractor is 750 miles, on 195 gal capacity tanks.

7. drkwlf1969

Apr 8, 2009
    Anniston, Alabama
    New Holland does alot of NYC running...since most of our fleet stays out of NYC because of the 53' limitations of the Manhattan, Bronx area. NH terminal is equipped with 48' trailers for that purpose. So if you like running the I95 corridor, New Holland is for you. Personally, I prefer to stay south of Roanoke, west of Philly...lol

8. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Hey drkw do they hire student drivers and do they have any terminals in Louisiana. I live in SE Louisiana. Thanks and be safe.

9. jonnyd121

jonnyd121 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    preemption,il
    if you lie about it, it will be found out. it's best to be honest from the start. then you're not constantly worrying when they'll find out.

10. Fowl Hauler 72

Fowl Hauler 72 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Winchester,Tennessee
    I work at Tyson a buddy of mine just started to work here he lives in Locust Fork about 20 miles from Blountsville. He is very happy.Need to go ahead and apply because they open and close hiring areas on a regular basis. We just signed a huge export contract with Russia nad Japan so a lot of freight will be moving on our trcuks.PM me if you need any other info.I made $70,000 last year.

11. NOX2

NOX2 Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Tx
    Is Dallas a hiring area? (They have a plant is Sherman, Tx)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.