U.S. Xpress Strikes Again!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jmy72, Nov 22, 2008.

1. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    When I worked there in early '95, we hauled carpet constantly out of Dalton, GA. and the surrounding area into CA. . We'd unload and get a dispatch right back into GA. or NC back to CA.. This was a constant thing. I guess times have really changed. I made a great living there and left only because an opporitunity close to home came available.
    I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and have many fond memories. It has become apparent that USX is a far cry from the company it was back then. Sorry for that, sucks for you guys I guess.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supertrucker6

supertrucker6 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2009
    greenville, sc
    Yea.... It would be one thing to go to the rail and have another pre/pln with miles behind it but at US Xpress... it's take a load to the rail that has 18 miles behind it... then your pre/pln is a live load and live unload with a total of empty and loaded miles that can't add up to 350 miles for the weekend go figure.... Thats why I call it US Depressed or Useless Express.... LOL....

4. COLSOHIOOTR

COLSOHIOOTR Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2008
    COLUMBUS, OHIO
    You guys make me glad I didn't go back on the road! I was set to go to us xpress but got a bad feeling by the way they presented themselves when I asked questions about the company, miles, etc! Hope everything works out for each of you! Roehl treated me good, maybe you could check in to them.

5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Last I heard drivers pick up and deliver freight, not load planners and dispatchers. Without happy drivers load planners and dispatchers would not have much to do except picking up there pink slips.

piss off enough drivers as a dispatcher or load planner and I can tell you from experience who will still be around at the end of the day.

Any company not engaged in running a driver mill knows who butters their bread, and it ain't dispatchers and load planners.

6. davey5w

davey5w Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2008
    cambridge ohio
    ive heard that several companies have considered this, but its not gonna work, and they will realize that they have pushed the driver to far, for a lot of years trucking companies have been shafting truck drivers any way possible, the bad pay, bad hometime, treating them like trash, and dac, and blaw blaw blaw...but this is the end of it, drivers arent going to do this

7. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Aw gee, you mean you're not gonna call a Trucker's Strike? :biggrin_25523:

8. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    I don't see how that would happen unless your one of the drivers working for a company that Xpress bought controlling stock in. Arnold and Smith are two that are on the top of my head right now. But if they are doing this, then it's going to be rough trying to find something now with all their solo's being out of work.

Here's a good point for you, say you did that, then all the company has to do is call the state police and say your a disgruntled employee and stole the truck. Who do you think the police are going to believe, a big corporation or one little person. Believe it or not this does happen. I was mad one day and was heading home in a truck, was ignoring the quaalcomm and my phone. I was on layoff and got a call from there office in Missouri which is where the company was layoffed from was located. It was their safety supervisor who very kindly explained the situation I was driving myself into. Needless to say everything worked out for the good. Just because you are assigned that truck doesn't mean they can't report it stolen.

No thanks, a union is the reason I'm layed off from my current job where I was making .47-.50 CPM driving piggybacks. The real whammy of this deal is that they are paying other companies to deliver the trucks. Not to mention the fact they have guys working overtime in the shop while they have shop guys and drivers that live in the same town layoffed. I've done had my feel for the unions already. They don't care anything about workers except for the money that you are paying for union dues. The way I see it, I paid for myself to get layoffed by paying them idiots to protect my job.

I know what you mean, when I was there in 2005 I had a load from Springfield, Mo to Sacramento, CA. and before I even had that load picked up they had me p/p on one from the Sacramento area going down to the yard in Laredo. Boy I miss them days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  9. SkeeterMcGee

SkeeterMcGee Bobtail Member

May 6, 2009
    charlotte NC
    am considering a job offer from u.s.xpress in a dedicated Distr.Ctr operation
    starting up. Its a Target operation. Anyone with any information on how
    they will treat me? Are they lying to me, with false hopes?

High Desert Dweller Thanks this.
  10. Carolina Raider

Carolina Raider Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Run,Run,Run away from this Company as fast as you can, This Company is a monster, they treat their drivers like trash, :biggrin_2553:

11. He Makes Me Laugh

He Makes Me Laugh Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    They are lying to you . They promised my husband home every two weeks and for a while they were kind of ok but then they will really screw up and every single person he talks to does not know what the other is doing.

My husband's grandmother was dying and he kept them updated for 2 weeks then she died and they had 4 days to get him home for the burial and he about missed it cause of them. They got him home within 6 hours of the funeral.

He hates this company and is out of here as soon as we find him another job. The fleet department is horrible and THEY DO NOT GIVE A #%#^$##^ ABOUT THEIR DRIVERS.

I guess from reading and research most trucking companies do not care about their drivers even the dispatch department give attitude.

My husband was to have last weekend off and they did not get him home and their response was " YOU CANNOT MAKE PLANS IN THIS JOB" my husband was shocked this chick had the nerve to say this over the phone.

I would suggest no one go with company unless you like to never be able to make plans and want to live in your truck.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.