Uber Freight and CH Robinson

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 86scotty, Sep 11, 2019.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Some are good, some are bad. This is no offense to anyone but if you get a thick accent when you call on a Landstar load you are most likely dealing with an office that is double/triple brokering crap. Some of my best brokers are LS, though, folks that have had the same contracts for years, not farming their work out to minimum wagers to answer the phone.

This is not just my opinion, others here have said it and some of my best paying LS brokers have told me how the system works. It's pretty obvious though.

SL3406 and bigbyrc Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Tends to be pretty consistent with my experiences with them. And the non-accented offices, it seems about 50/50, unless we're working on an OS/OW load. The Landstar Agents on those loads tend to be pretty well 100% dealing with Landstar O/Os, which works just fine for me. I don't mind working with Landstar as long as I'm getting a Landstar O/O. By and large, they tend to be quality, courteous drivers who do a good job on my loads.

It's when they start farming the #### out on the loadboards at substantially less than what I'm planning to pay to try and make a quick buck, right in front of my eyes - well, that's when I have an issue.

SL3406, 86scotty, SteveScott and 2 others Thank this.
  4. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Convoy does too...

5. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I know I hate that and I hate to talk to reps, why not real brokers who knows what we're talking about!!!

6. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Because you can get away with paying customer service reps just above minimum wage.

p608 and 86scotty Thank this.
  7. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Convoy has junk rates especially with the malti stop loads that are really 2 or 3 put together who will kill a day for 250 to 300 ? Weak rates and killing trucking as they often don't get bid up but rather taken as book now. Uber 90% of the time I look is junk sometimes I see something good but I've been turning to load board and making more

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Everybody, including deaf and mute, is using them now. That's way they became crap. It takes definitely less effort to open up the app and click, instead of calling and talking, money arguing.

Convoy's rates on those multi-stops must be made up by some algorithm that takes into account only time schedule and distances between the last offload and next pick up site. If they are scheduled like that by people, they must be idiots. Uber does the same, by the way.

86scotty Thanks this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    When I first started with Convoy, they were paying good on water loads out of Pleasant Prairie, WI to be delivered around Chicago or Milwaukee area. The money was good enough. It was perfectly ok to stick around there and do the local job every day. For instance, less than a 100 mile run with 2-3 stops at Home Depots, Albertsons or Meijers was paying $800-900. Going to an individual store 50 miles away: $550 -650.
    Now they offer like $350 for multi stops and $220 to go to individual store. And whenever I bid anything for out of there, I keep loosing, That means that someone is taking that for not much more that they offer. I wonder, what idiots would take loads for $220 -300 that still take up more than half a day?

PPDCT, JonJon78 and Lite bug Thank this.
  10. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    . Only in the trucking do you have people competing to win the “ Race To The Bottom “ Never hear of anyone trying to do things less than cost in other industries and staying in business. A person does not have to have degree in economics to succeed in this business, but only need to know how to count. That could be the problem they don’t know how to count.

PPDCT, 86scotty, stuckinthemud and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.