Uber freight is terrible!!! Beware

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 3M Transit, May 23, 2018.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I'm not necessarily assuming that. What difference does it make if the company creates new stock or sells some stock they have been hoarding? Either way the stock in circulation goes up, so the price tends to go down.

Selling stock or borrowing may generate cash balances, but that isn't profit, it doesn't go on the P&L, and it doesn't offset losses. Though I'll concede it may keep the lights on as long as investors are willing to keep doubling down. That was pretty much the story with Amazon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lemongoat

Lemongoat Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2020
    I wish I would have read this before I picked up this load. The rate confirmation as well as the loadboard said the load was 42000 when I get to the scale my truck scales at 81000. I called uber but no help, they said someone would call me back but they never did. Uber freight knew this load weighed more than 42000lbs but put this on the board to deceive the carrier into picking it up. Its ok because not one piece of uber freight will ever find its way on the back of my trailer again. I pulled this load to keep my company name good. Drivers if you see a load leaving Marshall TX and Uber freight has it listed for 42000 beware!!!!!! Shame on you Uber Freight.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I'd blame the shipper and not Uber for that mess. Why would Uber let you book a load that is overweight knowing that it can't legally be hauled and they wouldn't make any money? Take it back to the shipper and let them figure it out. Uber won't be any help, you'll have to get it fixed yourself.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. Edjahman

Edjahman Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2013

39000 tare wowza

PPDCT Thanks this.
  6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    42000 probably doesn't include pallet weight.

7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Volvo 670 with 250 gallons tanks full and a standard dry van should handle 47 000 lbs.

Things like that do happen and that's why you need a CAT scale ticket to show the shipper to cut the weight.
    You must be new at this business thinking that
    You fell victim to some Uber's deception.
    What was the weight on the BOL?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    I've seen stuff like that even working for companies.
    Weight may not include the pallets the product was on or even the boxes the product is in.
    Weight may have just been an estimate and not the actual load weight.
    Plus, it's not really uber, they can only post what is reported to them.

More often than not, I've had the opposite happen.
    Load from LG, reported as 30k lb. Nah, was under 5k. Load of air fryers from Reno NV, reported as 16k, nah, I doubt it was over 10k.

9. DR Woods

DR Woods Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2021

10. DR Woods

DR Woods Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2021
    That was unfortunate for you but alk in all you can find good reliable loads on Uber. Only thing is the communication. Problem solving needs to go up 1000. But usually their uneventful.

11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The lack of communication is an understatement. I take Uber loads on two conditions:
    1. The delivery details are verifiable by the consignee.
    2. The delivery is scheduled no later than Thursday, unless It is a backhaul load that delivers close home.
    The reason is the lack of communication which sometimes may take more than a day to resolve.
    I hate to sit and idle in a place other than home waiting for a resolution.

SteveScott Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.