Uber freight is terrible!!! Beware

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 3M Transit, May 23, 2018.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Lack of communication is an understatement with Uber. I've hauled several loads for them where the receiver had no appointment time set up for me even though it was clearly spelled out in the ratecon. A couple months ago I arrived at a shipper only to find out that they had been attempting to contact Uber by phone and email for 3 days to cancel the load. The icing on the cake was that Uber wouldn't pay TONU on the load because the shipper refused to pay it based on their attempts to cancel. Finally last month I arrived at a shipper to pick up a short haul load (240 miles) that delivered later the same day. I was there early, checked in and found out that this load was a reschedule and Uber owed the shipper $100 for a reschedule fee. I immediately called Uber and they assured me that they would get it taken care of immediately. Over an hour later still nothing, and I called Uber again stating that I now wouldn't be able to make the delivery on time, and the shipper was going to tack on another $100 for yet another reschedule fee. I hung out for another hour and Uber still hadn't fixed anything, so I called and told them to take me off the load. I wasn't going to waste 2 days on a low paying short haul load that they screwed up. I left and had an email waiting for me at home that I now had a short notice cancellation on my scorecard. I replied that they can now cancel my carrier agreement with Uber. I'm no longer interested in wasting my time with them.

Midwest Trucker and TallJoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Well the good news for the folks at Uber is that Uber Freight really improved in Q4. They only lost $41 Million in total EBIDTA in Q4, compared to $55M in Q4 2019 and $73M in Q3 2020. Nice work Uber!

Midwest Trucker, magoo68 and PPDCT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted