Uber freight

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Salty bull, Feb 26, 2019.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    My favorite thing to tell a difficult receiver when they act like they don’t want to unload me is “just sign refused and I’ll gladly leave, I get paid regardless”. It’s nice when my boss will back me on it, even if it’s a full trailer.

KB3MMX and Ruthless Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I think you're missing what I'm saying.
    If you order something. Then just think you can say oh I don't want it anymore. And now the carrier is going to be on the hook for it, either buying it themselves, warehousing it, their insurance possibly filing a claim because you want to show who's boss... then just try me. I can guarantee the steps I will take will result in my insurance not paying for the load.

If this really is how you operate then you needn't worry. This has the hallmarks of tql written all over it. Problem customer. No self respecting quality trucking service will want to deal with that anyway.

Newtrucker48, Dave_in_AZ and KB3MMX Thank this.
  4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    retired driver

5. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I know exactly what you are saying, a receiver is under no obligation to accept a load, will they face repercussions? maybe, but you thumping your chest and telling somebody what they're going to do will not end up good for you, but if that's the you operate you won't have to worry, soon nobody will load you.

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Another reason the shippers and receivers need the regulation that the carriers are under.
    They should be required to have a bond if they pull any stunts to file against... In addition.. all the detention nonsense problems should fall under regulation work required documentation.

They get their head up their ### , there should be repercussions .. just like a Carrier being an idiot

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Lol
    Ok bud.

8. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    You have no idea what you're talking about. 14 years of LE experience here.

9. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Lol i was laughing at that one ... Former LE here as well

10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It is very difficult to speak to someone with any authority to make decisions at Uber in bad situations. Out of the total of 23 loads in the last 2 years I did for them, I had one rejected load not too long ago and there was a lot calling, yelling and bluffing involved before anything was decided. So far, one unpleasant incident.

Waiting 5 days with a water load would really test my patience though. I don't know if I could make it... Water is cheap, after 2 days of no resolution I would seriously consider dumping it somewhere and worry about a claim later.

Thouren and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Interesting because talking to some kid with a truck like mine about 18 months ago, and he was stoked about Uber Freight.

I'd no clue the were doing freight. He showed me his rate cons, etc., said they paid quickly, and his rates were good.

Guess maybe it was too good, and the grown-ups decided to start syphoning off a bunch of the money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.