Ugliest State

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FearTheCorn, May 14, 2021.

1. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I think the only way I’d feel remotely safe driving through Greenville MS 11:00 Saturday night is in a Sherman tank.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Because I just a state by more than just driving through them I think California, the cities ruined the rest of the state.

i thought NYC, Detroit and Chicago were bad, but the amount of trash and just disgusting refuse walking around in la of sf, takes the prize and you can’t help wonder how a state with such beauty in other parts allow their large cities to be living land fills and cess pools.

4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I can't think of an entire state that I can honestly name. Every state I've been to has some worthwhile scenery. I'll name a couple of cities though, Baltimore and Atlanta. Memphis is high on the list too but since I'm from there I know of a lot of nice parts of town......or I did.

5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Jersey, or conneticutt, also ny south of 84 sucks

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Pretty much anywhere off the expressways in Beirut on the Bay you can expect to be a war zone.

7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Wondering if u drove down 65 through Birmingham, Montgomery. Alabama is really a nice place to live but we want to keep that a secret. The area I live is growing like crazy, people moving there from all over fleeing these other horrid American cities , especially from up north.

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

It was about 10 or so years ago since I drove through there. I left Marianna, FL and went to Bessemer, AL.

I remember taking the most direct route, which seemed to take forever and a day to get to 65. Can't remember the route, but I know I went through Dothan up to Troy. Then picked up 65 and up to Birmingham.

Had to get a trailer washout somewhere outside Birmingham, then I figured I'd head over to the Peelot and spend the night. Another driver advised me to not go there, saying it's a rough place. So I spent the night at the trailer wash. The next day I drove past the Peelot and saw the razor wire and the ghetto behind it. That was enough for me.

What is really remember from that trip was the heat. Sure it was the middle of July, but #### was it oppressive.

All in all, it wasn't horrible, can't say it was ugly, but I expected something different than what I saw. And I'm still upset I didn't go to Talladega to pay my respect to the late Davey Allison

9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    That’s getting more common. I live in Arkansas and it’s getting more difficult to find real estate here even. I don’t necessarily blame people for moving out of those states though I would have already left.

10. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Yea Birmingham is a real crap hole, so is Montgomery. Like so many other states the best places.are out in the country, that's where I live..I think maybe you are talking about that Flying J. in Birmingham..yea I have stayed there a few times but no longer, out company doesn't allow it. Crooks were breaking into trailers from whatI hear. Yea I think that is maybe 231/. 431.that runs from Dothan trough Troy to Montgomery, not a lot going on down there. And that TA in Montgomery..the horror.

11. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Yep real estate prices are skyrocketing right now where we are. Homes are selling as fast as they hit the market.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.