Ugliest State

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FearTheCorn, May 14, 2021.

1. Gamecock Taylor

Gamecock Taylor Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2019
    Ohio. Endless construction zones, and crap roads.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    My early impressions of Kansas were.
    It’s clean. The shoulders of the freeways are clean. Don’t see any BillyBob’s homes with all kinds of junk outside.
    There’s a special place in my heart for Kansas. B31DB62A-92D9-4FD1-A1FA-DF1130E7771B.jpeg

86scotty Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    As if a single state bordering Ohio isn't even worse: Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, West Virginia.

Ever notice how much better I75 gets as soon as you leave Michigan and enter Ohio? That section in Michigan near the Ohio border has been "under construction" for at least 5+ years too. Meanwhile Ohio has actually completed some of their I75 construction in less than a few years.

While driving out of Ohio on I70 you probably think that the road sucks, until you enter Indiana and start basically driving off-road. Indiana even has about 50 miles of construction zone with 55mph speed limits where I've never seen any actual construction going on, but they have the cops set up strategically.

I70 through WV before you get to Ohio? Or how about US35? Haha. Or Pennsylvania on 70 or their toll roads? Lol!

I75 or 71 or US23 in Kentucky?

If you are basing it on just roads then half of the country or more is in pathetic shape.

Probably one of the worst sections of road in the entire country, I20 in Shreveport, I've never seen them even attempt to fix it and they even have a bypass and could easily shut half of it down at a time but never have. I10 down there through Louisiana is totally jacked up as well from what I remember from last year, east of Houston too I think.

6. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    those floppy blocks of concrete hit so gd hard when you come down from one right in front of the next one, I thought my gd drive axles were gonna rip off and stay behind while i head off through the windshield

slow.rider Thanks this.
  7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    First time I drove through there was about 2010 in my 28ft RV and the spacing of those blocks matched my wheelbase so close it was like going down and then bouncing straight up on a trampoline. It busted my full size refrigerator out of it's frame and it fell on the floor. I ended up going to home depot and buying everything to put it all back together.

Now I haul glass and I take the bypass but at some of the places I deliver the workers are surprised that I don't have broken glass on my trailer. Then I tell them it's because I didn't drive through Shreveport on the way to Texas. That POS 5 mile strip of road has probably cost billions of dollars in damage to various loads and vehicles over the years and apparently they're not going to do a ###### thing about it.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  8. aaronpeterbilt3787

aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Really? All of Canada, eh?

Qbf594 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Michigan.
    Everything is ugly,including the women.

Stray_Dog Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Screenshot_20210518-033505_Google.jpg

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  11. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    It might be soon too.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.