UH OH !!!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, May 20, 2020.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The reason shippers work with brokers now is because they don’t want to deal with trucks. The big boys say here’s your contract, you have to find trucks to move xx number of loads a week. A certain amount of what they pay is so they don’t have to deal with stuff. And now they’re going to have to deal with a record of every shipment that deflects from the original contract rate?

Bean Jr. and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The way this country is going I’m worried for the day when we as owners have to be “transparent” and the suits decide we can only make a certain percentage over our costs.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That's a huge portion of it. Big shippers use unisys. It's all done by computer to the agents.

It's millions of loads.

They don't have time to hear about the guys dog, broken tooth, blah.

Especially the grunters, hearing impaired ( here let me repeat everything 4 times ), let me repeat everything 4 times for comprehension now.

Then after 20 minutes........the dude says,"Never mind, I don't want it."

5. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I would say more like the two month mark.o_O

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  6. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    They will have the money. Section 32919 of MAP-21 (P.L. 112-141), established a $10,000 fine per occurrence for those entities arranging transportation for compensation, which are not properly registered and licensed and companies that double broker freight (unauthorized brokerage activities).

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I have thought this also and it very well could cause the brokers to try to get the best price from the shipper rather than just taking what they get or undercutting and making up the difference by paying less to the carrier.

wore out, Wasted Thyme and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    What a bunch of pansies if you can’t negotiate a rate that meets you’re guidelines then don’t haul the load.

RStewart, lsnook24, larry2903 and 7 others Thank this.
  9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    And costs must be $0.xx. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. SenChi891

SenChi891 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2020
    The best comment in a long time lol

I remember 3 or 4 years ago, calling on a load and it was russian landstar crew. Got disconnected, i tried calling back, and i hear, " Magic Jack number you are calling is not in service". They were located overseas. Few minutes later i called back, did not care about that load, just asked him what part of Russia they are located, and guy hangs up on me.

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    There are currently efforts being made to male it so thatbthe broker is REQUIRED to provide the carrier with an electronic copy of the frieght bill with in 48 hours. This would completely eliminate the loop hole of "Sure you can see it... at our headquarters"

Carriers would get an idea of which brokers are screwing them really quickly and quit doing business with them.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.