UH OH !!!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, May 20, 2020.

1. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    A lot of these owners put sweat and money to build their businesses. This country was built on people like them. ;)
    Some of these protesters have had their own YouTube channels for years. Some run completely different businesses e.g. electronic logging device business, dispatching etc.
    I‘ve read an article today that many states still didn’t release unemployment compensation to self employed people. Maybe it’s because these owners didn’t do their payroll (trying to save on accounting, taxes etc). I’m glad I paid myself with W-2, now I can park my truck and get paid.:)

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The idea is this idea of counting someone else’s money and wanting to cap someone else’s profit is a slippery slope to go down. There are many of these threads so not sure if it’s mentioned in this one, but we have members who have stated in other threads that a broker’s percentage of the load needs to be limited. And once these guys don’t see a rate increase with the transparency they desire then they will look elsewhere for others to blame for their lack of making money.

RStewart, wore out, larry2903 and 6 others Thank this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If they don’t pay into the system they shouldn’t be allowed to collect from it. That’s how it should work.

5. Doealex

Feb 21, 2018
    Agreed. If you want to work around the system in good times, you get screwed (exploited) in bad times.

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    It usually does work that way... Government decided to make an exception to the rule for thus whole covid thing... Even sole proprietors can get unemployment during this covid time.

7. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    If you regulate the brokers the result will be very predictable. You will end up with a couple of super brokers and they end up calling the shots and you will end up dealing with those guys forever and ever.

8. Doealex

Feb 21, 2018
    According to Wall Street Journal only 34 states allow that.
    These protesters must be from other 16 states.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well my steak and eggs breakfast, full steak dinner for lunch, full steak dinner, and room at The Best, all must be included in the daily operating costs

10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    There's catwomen expense involved here.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    *****Sidenote(s)*****

How come none of us got sick?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.