Ultimate phone charger

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by rabbiporkchop, Sep 23, 2018.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Looks like technology is getting way ahead of us truck drivers since USB 4.0 has already come out and the phone chargers they sell at truck stops are lucky to be USB 2.0. I found this USB 3.0 USB phone charger with 4 charging ports at 2.4 amps per port for 12 bucks on eBay.
    Total output for all four ports is 54 Watts.
    This is the first cheap charger I found that gives me the message on my phone that I'm fast charging.
    [Qualcomm Certified] BlitzWolf® BW-C10 QC3.0 54W Car Charger Power3S and Quick Charge 3.0 Tech Compatible with QC2.0 and 2.4A Micro USB Cable for iPhone Samsung Xiaomi LG Letv and More
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

disoba, Slowmover1, Oldironfan and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here's a review some guy did on YouTube and I can vouch for this thing it's super fast. It's a little sloppy how it fits in the cigarette lighter plug but after a few wraps of electrical tape, it fits nice and snug and it's not going to budge.

Intothesunset and Oldironfan Thank this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here's information about the Quick Charge 3.0 protocol from Qualcomm.

Quick Charge 3.0
    Qualcomm Quick Charge is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.

Quick Charge
    3 / 3
    Quick Charge 3.0 Battery Charger ICs
    Programmable switch-mode Li-Ion battery chargers and output power controller with >90% efficiency for 2.5A or 4.6A battery charging, USB OTG, AICL, APSD and autonomous Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology capability. SMB1350 and SMB1351 are programmable single-cell lithium-ion/lithium-polymer battery charger ICs for portable applications, designed to provide simple, efficient battery charging of high-capacity batteries at speeds vastly superior to standard USB with standard cables and connectors.

Quick Charge 3.0 Specs
    USB

USB Version

• USB 3.0
    • USB 2.0
    Power Management
    Maximum Input Voltage

• 22V
    Charging
    Maximum Current

• 2.6 A
    • OR
    • 4.6 A
    Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ Support

• Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology
    Interface
    Supported Interfaces

• I²C
    Operating Temperature Range
    Maximum Temperature

• 85°C
    Minimum Temperature

• -30°C
    Package
    Package Type

• WLCSP
    Package Size

• 2.96 x 3.31 x 0.55 mm
    • 0.4mm Pitch

About QualcommCareersOfficesContact UsSupportSubscription Center

Terms of UsePrivacyCookies
    Site Map
    ©2018 Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies.

References to "Qualcomm"; may mean Qualcomm Incorporated, or subsidiaries or business units within the Qualcomm corporate structure, as applicable.
    Materials that are as of a specific date, including but not limited to press releases, presentations, blog posts and webcasts, may have been superseded by subsequent events or disclosures.
    Qualcomm Incorporated includes Qualcomm's licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of its patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of Qualcomm's engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of its products and services businesses. Qualcomm products referenced on this page are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    How much did you charge for this post?

Sirscrapntruckalot and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Not sure what you mean.
    I bought a couple of these things on eBay from China and I'm quite impressed with them and so I bought a couple more.
    It's not so much advocating a specific brand of charger so much as exposing the technology patented by Qualcomm which was used in this charger. Any charger with the "Qualcomm quick charge 3.0" logo should yield the same performance regardless of who manufactured it.
    These things have temperature sensors and are variable voltage just like the oem wall charger that came with your phone.
    [​IMG]

Samsung calls it "adaptive fast charging"
    Technology licensed from Qualcomm.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Lots of other brands that I would trust over eBay/banggood Chinese specials. Aukey and Chotech are two well proven brands. If it gorg wrong it can kill your device. And what use is relying on a warranty if you're without a charge while the new one's in the mail from Shenzhen.

8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I have yet to see see the cport USB chargers in truck stops.
    But I only have a regular USB phone.

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I suspect that since all chargers are made in China to begin with that one charger might have 10 different company names on it depending on who you purchase it from.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Pilot has some on the clearance table near me.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    USB charger is a USB charger. There is no difference between 2.0 and 3.0,.. Phone chargers do not transmit data through put.

The only difference is can it fool the phone into a fast charge or will it be stuck doing a slow charge.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.