Under Cut the Carrier

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by atrucker, Nov 1, 2012.

1. atrucker

atrucker Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    How can we find out who under cut us on a load from Lakewood NJ to Spartanburg SC today 11/01/2012 . One of my owner operator booked a load with Freight Quote couple of days ago and today it was cancelled. How can I find out who picked up the load and how much. My owner operator was working for less than $1.28 but thats not the issue. The issue is that the load was booked two days ago and then it was refused and may have been given to some one else. Are there any ethical rules about holding the O/O for a day and a half and then cancelling the load??? What would you do in this situation.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sjmay

sjmay Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Why would you assume it was undercut, and not assume the massive amounts of flooding in the area caused some problems?

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Because undercutting occurs all the time?

atrucker Thanks this.
  5. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Invoice them for TONU and move on. If they're habitual about it, don't use them anymore. Oh... $1.28!? :|

6. atrucker

Sep 21, 2012
    What would you do this kind of load for? yesterday there were about 2200 loads and only about 550 trucks in the area. Over 300 Alarms in 1/2 hour which shows market unrest( meaning the loads needs to get out).

7. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    Well if the load to truck ratio is 4:1 (your numbers) a whole lot MORE than $1.28. They need trucks and you have an available truck>why work cheap?

8. atrucker

Sep 21, 2012
    I know many people in that area and there were no problems with that regard.

9. atrucker

Sep 21, 2012
    They hang up the phone on me when I said $1.90/ mile as about a month ago when the loads were over 3000 with a ratio of 4.3 to a truck. Thats why I say the brokers are ganging up on truckers individually, and the truckers do not work together. All of the brokers say the same and they say that no way to $1.80--- $1.9 from North to South

10. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Avoid the broker and go straight to shippers and give them a good presentation and quality service, set down with them and do business.

11. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    You're working the "spot market" so knowing the truck to load ratio is imperative. A 4:1 load to truck ratio is HUGE and give you alot of leverage. A 4.3:1 ratio is less than 10% larger so rates shouldn't have made a substantial downward move.

If you are running a specific lane or region you should be trying to get aligned with shippers/receivers as opposed to working with brokers all the time. Yeah, it takes some time and effort but in the long run getting an account is extremely motivating to an individual!

VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.