Unfair

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Pattert5, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Probably thinks 1000 a year for insurance is expensive.

Linte_Loco Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    For a 21 year old young cat with a stang, he would need to say thank you mr insurance person. Cash ok?

FlaSwampRat and snowwy Thank this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    $1,000 a year IS expensive.

Be even more expensive if it's just the basic liability and not full coverage.

Wasn't too long ago when full coverage through state farm was $720.

These days they want $2,000.

Progressive would be about $700 and I'd take them in a heartbeat if they weren't Aholes because my son and his wife live with me.

Linte_Loco Thanks this.
  5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Geico has been fantastic to me. My ex wife had a sorta gray area at fault accident i wasnt present for and they got me the best lawyer in honolulu.. Few years later settled for like $200 which im sure alk went to the ambalamps chaser. Geico also paid to fix the truck of a crackhead who setup right behind me on purpose at a gas station to get other damages he had repaired. I told them what it was, they paid out and didnt jack my premium.

Unfortunately geico wont insure my 2ton truck so i went to progressive. My current employer got a NO on hiring me with very little CDL experience via progressive until i gave him my progressive policy number. He called back, they took me on and his premiums actually went down a little. I became a known entity with clean MVR replacing a driver with bad mvr.

snowwy Thanks this.
  6. Curly88

Curly88 Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Rexford Mt
    Nothing is fair in this world, learn to live with it.
    I learned my lesson on fighting any moving violation ticket this spring. Jan 2018 I got a ticket in Socal. Officer marked it as if I was in a car which brought the ticket down to $137. It never affected my personal insurance but this last spring when I I got my dot # and started getting quotes everything looked good till they found that ticket. That $137 ticket costs me over $2000 a year in commercial insurance!

7. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Each state has different rules. Most have the points deducted every 2 years.

But if it keeps showing up on your record then have those records expunged. Any judge shouldn’t have a problem granting your Request.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I may be wrong here, but it sounds like you are just now trying to get insurance for a personal vehicle and have not had it before or have let it lapse for some reason. If this is the case, and you do not currently have insurance, you are likely having to buy high risk insurance for a year.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Geico is who my boy and I have now. They're the next cheapest to progressive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.