united van lines

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by texas-jack, Feb 22, 2011.

1. texas-jack

texas-jack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2011
    texas
    I been in the moving industry since 1990, 12 years driving , 3 years with allied van lines, 8 years with atlas van lines, i just joined United last year, i just got tired of doing. Hhg(house hold goods), i heared electronic división pay'$ really good, does any of you know if they pay good? How they pay? By the mile? Or is the same as hhg? Porcentage? Tanks for your help.......peace
    :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    There isn't a whole lot of pure electronics stuff left, many electronic shipments are just LTL partials. It all depends on what agent you work for and what accounts they have, and they of course will want specific experience. But you might be OK coming from Household. Most agents and Corporate pay by the mile, which isn't that great. There are a few agents that pay per centage.

4. texas-jack

texas-jack Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2011
    texas
    Well, in fact, hhg is not the same as it was 15 20 years ago, right now, lotta discounts, fuel prices high, lol, United is ok, but they have _lotta discount on theyre. Linehauls, hope this year is gets better, tanks folks:biggrin_2556:

5. atlasvanlinesdog

atlasvanlinesdog Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2012
    That's correct, some of them pay porcentage, some of them per mile(plus fsc, labor,xtra stops, etc), mccollisters transportatiion is one of them,(the worst of the worst), when i was there, i was on porcentage, not recommend it, anyways, dnt go there, joe zchik the biggest lier, and if your dispatch is eddy "o", you are done buddy, stay away

6. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Don't know about the O.O.s but at my agent the co drivers get time and miles, per diem and a room at night if you want one

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.