Universal am can sucks!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ONEFASTGSXR 1000, Jan 26, 2009.

1. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    landstar is a percentage company.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. handyman

handyman Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2010
    tucson,AZ
    to hector at universal am can at the los angeles ca terminal do you beleve in carma well you should because you said you would send me an aplication well its a week no ap but i guess i understand the money you make youhave to keep two jobs but you deserve it your not a very honest person remember carma oh and hey that means what ever goes around comes around adios mr dispatcher:biggrin_25510:

4. CAT700

CAT700 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hopkins MI.
    Hey :
    Recently found a few.
    There are UAC agengts that are Land Star also. Here is the issue with that.
    A UAC load is out there. That agent will put that load on a Land Star truck if he can . UAC O/Os get more Money for the same load.
    That LS truck will pull it for less. The Agent then gets to Split the difference with UAC and the UAC O/o is wondering what happened to the load.

Not very good UAC to Land Star O/O relationship building qualities going on here.
    Once I catch an agent at this I cross him off my list...
    I have no use for this type of thing. Or the agents that will do this to us. :smt067:O_o_1PIRATES17:

5. shizniter

shizniter Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2009
    somerdale oh
    Universal am can is the same as all other companies that have agents ive been leased to mason dixon for years an wouldnt work anywhere else you have to know the good agents an where to run an be profitable it takes time to figure it out an yes central transport owns the utsi network and the ambasador bridge matie malone owns like 40 trucking companies or more ive never worked for better people were all hauling the same freight you have to learn the system an agents cant be dumb an be proffitable no matter where you lease on to.

6. Stone73

Stone73 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2009
    West Plains, MO
    I've been with Mason Dixon for 2 weeks now and best Ive got was $1.30 to truck mostly its been round $1.00 to $1.15, what agent are you using getting the rates you mentioned?

7. ruffryder337

ruffryder337 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2010
    u guys make me laugh! I have been leased to mason dixon for over 2 years. yes mason dixon,lti,universal am cam etc. reading u guys complain about a company that u r leased to is funny!first of all it is on u to decide what u do and do not do. they cannot force u do take a load.if u had a randow drug test to take then u should have made done that then loaded.mason dixon,landstar,jones motor,mercer,etc r all companies that if u do not know how to run ur truck then u might not make it,so learn how to dispatch that truck.thats ur truck if u cannot load it then u might need to find somethimg else to do! no company is perfect but i am very happy here they leave me alone and i run how i want to! so learn how to load that truck and u can pretty much make it at any company u lease to.

Luckystray216 Thanks this.
  8. BooBooMaker

BooBooMaker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Benson, NC
    I've seen at least two people post on this thread and then disappear. I hope that they are just that busy. But for the ones that are doing good with this system how about sharing some of the finer points not just the broader opinions. I, as do others, would like to know where/who the "good guys" are in the agent pool. I can find the "sharks" in the pool all by myself. When I find a good agent/broker I don't mind to share. One truck can't haul it all, though I try. When I see a "shark" I try to warn others the way I like to be warned. I read the post that tell me what not to do[ don't sign on to ..., don't pull for..., don't expect..., etc.] So how 'bout it?

9. CAT700

CAT700 Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Hopkins MI.
    Hey :
    I will give it a try here .
    But some if this is why I am where I am...
    Sort of a trade secret.
    Find and pull for a "Company Store" That is the correct term.. With out that you are pulling broker freight labeled as company freight and you will never make any real money.
    Try and stay completely loyal to that agent only if possible. Make a deal with them to pull their freight only if they will keep you running with higher rates. When they can not , Run your broker freight through him only .

I know you are leased on at a particular terminal.. So what.. If they can not keep you loaded with high paying {Company freight} with full fuel money, then can them. Just don't pull for them any more.

I am leased to the 5511 terminal out of ST. Paul.. I never answer the phone from them any more. They put the screws to me way too often and I will not have any more to do with them. My truck number remains the same.
    Just who I pull for is not the important part here .. It is how I pull for them that is what matters.
    Yes you are free to call anyone you wish to.
    I run empty {deadhead } over 1000 miles many times to get back to my higher paying freight rather than sit in a truck stop and wait on some agent or broker that is home eating a steak or sleeping in his own bed.

Dollars per day not cents per mile.. Change that , and you will see more money right away.
    I pull a van and do very well with it. The south east and north east never pay well and you will go broke running out there. Even Texas has poor paying freight. Many parts of the contry are low rates.. The Midwest are the highest rates out there .. Find freight to and from there ..

So far this year I have done about 80K NET and only made 30 to 32 runs.
    Mine are long .. Less dock time and more miles. Dock time kills the trucks pay. I am now in the middle of 3 weeks off. Just to goof off.

I will soon go back out but then take most of Michigans deer season off too.
    I hope some of this helps.
    My return loads do not pay very well but they come 25 miles from my house and I am off for 4 or 5 days and go back out .
    Sorry , But , I am old school and would never say who my broker is or next thing I know I would have other trucks in there cutting my throat..

BooBooMaker Thanks this.
  10. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    i agree with Cat 700. I was a Pacer driver, now with uacl haulin my own RGN. I still make KILLER $$$. check out my video as to some of the things i haul....
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...to-shack-art-gallery/120251-lovin-my-job.html

to survive in this BUSINESS (dont kid yourself, that's what it is, not a lifestyle) you have to adapt. if haulin a van aint workin, do something different. I too am leased on to a terminal (5304 west bend, wi) that i speak to maybe once a year. I do however have 5 other agents that will call me when I'm across the country to come and get a load for them. my brokers know my rep and pay me well for it.

worked 9 months last year, ran 89,000 miles, $212,000 on my 1099..... any questions?

oh yeah, WI archery season in 14 days!!!! :biggrin_255:

BooBooMaker Thanks this.
  11. BooBooMaker

BooBooMaker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Benson, NC
    To: Cat 700 & sbaumann

Thank you very much for the responses. And thank U's to anyone who shares the finer point "need to knows" on any thread. U 2 hit it pretty close.

I'm 'bout to start in this "system" in the van division myself. Thats why I came to this thread. [Cat...I might need some pm's to help me through the learning curve a little smoother] But there I go headed off in the wrong direction again.

I've seen a lot of a@#-fault and a lot of asphalt. But there are "nuggets of info that can be shared. Most r the brown stinky kind. [the "to-not-to" lists] Then there r the nuggets of Gold. [little pieces that made it work smoother and better...specifics, secrets,...etc.]
    I don't blame anyone not saying or doing anything that complicates their ability to provide for their families. I'm "ol school" too. 2nd generation working on my 2nd million miles.

Thank you guys for sharing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.