Universal Am. Can

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Timflatbed, Mar 3, 2014.

1. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I run my own authority, but most carriers do offer insurance for bobtail, unladen liability or collision. Sometimes it is less and higher with others. When I leased to another carrier I usually had my own insurance away from the carrier. At one time I had my comprehensive and bobtail/unladen liability through OOIDA.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tmslogistics

tmslogistics Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2015
    I follow you. Thanks for the info gman.

Have an opportunity to lease on to one of uac agents.....East Texas Heavy Haul.

Just curious what you think?

4. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I have a friend who is leased to them and he does well. He pulls a flat. Universal is a decent company. You pick your own loads from their loadboard. Keep in mind that it takes time to build relationships. Universal is pretty easy to work with, but it comes down to whom you work with and your own initiative. Universal recently went through a name change putting all of their companies into a single entity, much like Landstar did several years ago. A few years ago they bought out Pacer which gave them more freight in the western states. It was a good move for Universal. Pacer was based in Texas and they had a strong presence in the state.

tmslogistics Thanks this.
  5. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

Universal also has a heavy haul agent south of Atlanta. I am not sure how much heavy haul they do, but they seem to have a lot of flat and some specialized freight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.