Unprofessional?????

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CertifiedSweetie, Jul 22, 2013.

1. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    I had a discussion with another person about this and decided to see what y'all thought. Is it unprofessional to drive your current employers truck to the terminal/or location of another company you want to apply to? I didn't think so and did it once because it was on my route during the time but now I wonder if that's unprofessional and looks bad. What do y'all think?????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well maybe, but I know it has been done before.
    I have never done it though.

4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    I have done it twice
    don't ask truckon what does he know

teddy_bear6506 and truckon Thank this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Depends on the terminal.If its pretty much one big yard,I don't see anything wrong with it.But if its a terminal with a guard shack like Werner has then yes I would say its somewhat unprofessional.The company I drive for is one big yard.I see different companies go in there all the time,I don't know if they're delivering something or applying.

6. CertifiedSweetie

CertifiedSweetie Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    I literally lol!!!:toothy8::laughing3::laughing-guffaw:

truckon Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i've done it when i went from co. 1 to co. 2. but 2 knew the details and i would stopping by enroute on my travels. also had a friend that got me hired on. so i don't think 1 knew anything.

8. Unfortunate Son

Unfortunate Son Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Mitchell, Indiana
    I've done it a few times, especially when I didn't give a **** if the company that I was driving for found out! Unprofessional? Only if the company that you have been driving for has treated you right, and then you do it anyway. But not if that company has been like some that I have driven for in the past.

If they don't want drivers driving a company truck into a competitors lot--then maybe they should act professional themselves.

9. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Gotta do what ya gotta do. I wouldn't worry about it.

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I did it just this past March. Unprofessional? Not hardly. I gave my notice, brought the truck back shook hands and was told I could always come back. The ones that leave the truck in a truck stop and go to their next place of employment are the real unprofessional drivers in my book.

amiller Thanks this.
  11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

It is when you tell the prospective employer you can " START RIGHT NOW " and ask where you can dump your cuirrent truck nearby that makes it a bit unprofessional

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.