update on marten

Discussion in 'Marten' started by rachi, Feb 25, 2010.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Thats one thing I like about Marten, they don't baby sit you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I blew a fuse

I blew a fuse Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    I work for marten for 6 months. left under the worst of terms. how much work you get at marten. depends on which terminal you get assigned to. if you get assigned to the mondovi terminal. forget about miles. and you better like fighting and getting screwed over. i was the last over the road driver they hired. at the first month and a half. i was ran over the road. the next month and a half i ran inter regional. the next 2 months after that. i was left running the rail yards in chicago. and then the last couple of weeks. my dm had a family emergency i never got told. so i got bounced around from dm to dm. i had very poor miles. had long mile loads taken from me for no reason. and was given short 100 mile loads. I put in for my time off 2 weeks in advance. told them i had to get my cdl renewed. they didn't care. so i got left out on the road. and when i was forced into unfavorable circumstances. I had to decide to quit with little to no notice. and ended up turning the equiptment in to the kansas city terminal. and had to fly home from there at last travel prices. and then they had the nerve to ask me when i was going to come back to the truck in kansas city from florida. so I told them again that i was quitting and i would not be returning. and that was that. so for those the are going to work for this company. you better keep atleast $1500 dollars on reserve for last minute travel arrangements. marten will not get you a bus ticket or anything to go home. even if they are at fault. at no time can you trust anything they say to be the truth. so any kind of trust in them. is a huge mistake.

4. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    "you better keep atleast $1500 dollars on reserve for last minute travel arrangements. marten will not get you a bus ticket or anything to go home. even if they are at fault. "

You SHOULD ALWAYS have at least that amount ready at any given time, or a free and clear credit card.

Clintonstain Thanks this.
  5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Well, I have been running on the flex fleet which is 7 on and 7 off. Been on it for about 6 weeks. I wanted to take some time off and this was a good way to do it. I might stay on it a year, and then most likely get back on the regular western fleet. Sure is nice having the time to do things with the family. Of course I gotta slip seat with my "partner" who is female but it's all working out. I got to keep my truck so didn't have to take everything out of it, just had to clear out a couple cabinets for her.

The flex fleet has priority over solo but not over teams, and they are running us hard. A tipical week for me starts at ontario and goes up to washington, then from wa to denver, then denver back to ontario. About 3300 miles. Leave on mondays and back on mondays. So far, so good. I haven't had to do hardly any local del crap except for one where the driver broke down and it was a sprouts/ sunflower that was hot so I helped out. Also get to do alot of drop n hook where normaly i would have to sit on it, cause there whole focus is getting me back to ontario on mondays.

Rhino2604 Thanks this.
  6. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    *removed at rachi's request*

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  7. jomar68

jomar68 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    wow, that sucks! good luck on what ever you end up doing:salute:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    rachi Thanks this.
  8. DLeach4512

DLeach4512 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Howdy! I'm seriously considering switching from England to Marten, and I'd like to know if anyone else here had made that switch.
    Also, what's the deal with the per diem pay? Should I be concerned about that?
    I plan to run western regional, solo company, and I'm not concerned with home time; there's no one to cozy up with!

9. Rhino2604

Rhino2604 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Tons of miles on Western regional, as for the per diem it just puts more money in your pocket weekly. I'm not from England but I do know some guys that are and have said this place is a 1000 times better.

DLeach4512 Thanks this.
  10. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    As Arte Johnson used to say on Rowan and Martin, verry interresting. Looks like rachi's no longer with Marten, and the split wasn't amicable.

rachi Thanks this.
  11. Trudger

Trudger Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I agree wholeheartedly

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.