Updated info on Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by RERM, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Any updates on how Averitt is doing lately?, I live in Burbank, so I'm 2 minutes from their Bedford Park facility and I've always wondered how they are with drivers, miles, compensation and hometime (could they get me home on weekends?) and do they hire CDL grads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ryan7659

ryan7659 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Kenton,Ohio
    they run me about 2200 miles a week. and I have got home every weekend(unless i chose to work it) since i started with them back in january. I have never had to wait on a load assignment more than a couple times, they usualy have a pre plan on me before i deliver my current load. They do hire cdl grads but they will send you out with one of their trainers.

RERM Thanks this.
  4. EdBud

EdBud Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2013
    NE, Illinois
    I just got my CDL-A on Aug. 8th (at 2pm CST) and am wanting to get on with Averitt. I'm thinking we're a good match, from what I've heard and what I've found out researching them. I'm in Illinois, closest to the Franklin Park facility. Anyone with as much info as possible is strongly encouraged to post and/or PM me. Thanks, in advance.

5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Thank you, i wonder if anyone else could chime in, most of the posts here are pretty old and due to the terminal being so close to my house (walking distance), I really have to consider them (equipment looks good and the uniform gives the drivers a proffesional look). The hometime and pay seem great, but what about the miles? 2200 a week doe s not seem too bad, but is that one persons experience or accross the board? Also, it seems an awfull lot of their trucks are just parked at the terminal (driver shortage or lack of freight?...

6. Vashaun75

Vashaun75 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    To be honest I think its something you gonna have to try and and see how u like it. I been with Averitt for a year and its going ok for me. I run out of Georgia and I get around 2300. Sometimes more sometimes less but overall its been good.if weekends at home is what your looking for try it. Also I don't know anybody else's experience but I have no problem when it comes to my pay, layover, breakdown, driver unload anything. Cant explain to you why its a few trucks on some yards could be a number of things. Just my .02!!

Truckie83, mrvolts and RERM Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.