Updated reviews/opinions of Proficient?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by FLA-Driver, Apr 18, 2018.

1. FLA-Driver

FLA-Driver Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Hey everyone,

I have been out of the car hauling biz for about 2 years now doing reefer and I cant stand it anymore so im getting back into parking lots. Im on the east coast of Florida and have a job offer from Proficient. I've talked to some of their drivers at staging areas and they mostly seem happy.

I was wondering if there were any current or previous employees on here that had any experiences they could share about the company. I know there are better places but its slim pickings in Florida. I'll be moving to Virginia eventually but for now I need a quick foot in the door.

Also, I take home $1200 wk Mon-Fri now...is that achievable at Proficient?

Thanks for any comments.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I don't know anything about Proficient..but there are plenty of car hauler companies in Fl. And Ga.

4. FLA-Driver

Feb 3, 2014
    Yeah but some have been giving me a hard time about not doing it for a couple years which is stupid.

5. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Have you tried Hansen & Adkins? I was out of it from 05 until 2014 when they hired me. They have a terminal right in Jacksonville. Not that I'm trying to steer you away from Proficient. They may be a great company. I would still be at Hansen if it were not for a personal issue. I know they are a good company and much larger which to me means a good opportunity to make money.

6. FLA-Driver

Feb 3, 2014
    When i spoke to H/A they said they wouldn't hire me because i lived in central Florida (I live in Melbourne). They said i would always be driving empty out of the state. I found that very strange because most car haulers leave florida, or at least south florida, empty. I will check back in with them and see if things have changed.

James j and BigBob410 Thank this.
  7. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Centurion will give you a refresher course... if need be. I had a brief stay at proficient but i worked for a douche of a O/O who had about 7 trucks leased on

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  8. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I was going to mention Centurion also. I've talked with a few of their guys here and there and they seemed happy.

9. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Try giving masney auto transport out of ocoee a call. Its a Great place to work. Ive been here for almost 4 years.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    If I were you I would contact all the terminals that service that area even ones in other states like Montgomery Al. I thought there was plenty of freight going south past your home. Every time I have loaded in Jacksonville they had south Fl freight, but I was always trying to get back north.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  11. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    @BigBob410 i've notice a decent amount of VAT trucks deadheading north out of southern fla. You guys have florida freight now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.