UPS Feeder Driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Midwesttrucker, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Former employer - the red headed step child of ups. ( UPSF ) was idiotic and try to forget my mistake, Very good friend groomed from loading trailer to package to feeders, after 2 years had enough, went back to package, UPS is demanding. He was making double time and half ( holidays ) over 100k a year. Now has his hobby again making a lousy 70-80 a year:D

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    "Don't go in there looking like you just rolled out of the TA."

funny....all fat and wobbly with the 55 gallon soda cup nasty sweats uncombed hair food stains?

or, the other guy, the one thats got his boots tight, shirt tucked in, bluetooth in ear fully tied into the trucking network at all moments?

or the other guy, the one with the turbine and the small friend?

I have no point

browndawg, Grouch and Shaggy Thank this.
  4. Midwesttrucker

Midwesttrucker Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    midwestern state
    Overall, I like the place. If I want to work feeder only I have that option but yes your gonna work nights and Im alright with that. If you want days you will still work feeders but your going to be doing city P&D with the semi and trailer. And to the guy who said "Every time they hire off the street it takes away from someone else" that is REDICULOUS. They post both feeder and package car sign ups at the hubs first for whoever wants the job, has the CDL-A, and has the SENIORITY to get it. There are plenty of people I've talked with at the Hubs and told them go get your CDL. Guess what a month or two goes by and I see the same person doing the same job time and time again. If you've been in the hub for a long period of time and don't want to post out of that its on you pal. UPS has educational benefits so USE THEM. The NMFA states for every six inside hires one comes off the street. You can't get some of the younger people from the hub to go to package car and package car drivers to go to feeders. To each his own.

misterG, browndawg, Radman and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Exactly how my buddy was explaining to me. They'll get comfortable with their schedule and what their doing. Happens at my LTL job too. People think getting a CDL is a big pain in the butt. Younger people don't want to work 10-12hr days and want to be off fri evening so they can hang out. When your young you don't look at the big picture. Plus family schedules ties with some people thinking about going to feeder. My buddy doesn't want no part of it rather just putt around as a package van driver making good money.

Midwesttrucker Thanks this.
  6. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm 23 and I don't mind the 12 hour days working nights. I love it. I hate the 6-7 days a week where I'm at.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Well, your the exception. Most younger people.

8. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yea I know what you mean though. Me and my buddy are both the same. And that's why we're the only 2 in our early 20's that I know making $70k+ a year.

9. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    It sucks how? Please explain..

10. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Lots of package drivers move up to feeders. Package cars might be more desirable to guys working in the hub because driving a package car is less intimidating. Otherwise package cars is the harder job. Especially in the summer with no ac and youre getting in and out of it 100s of times a day.

Midwesttrucker Thanks this.
  11. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    UPS Feeder....aahhh, the Holy Grail of trucking. I've worked a few peak seasons there, it's definitely crazy and they will "rule and regualte" you to death. However, it's the easiest trucking job you'll ever have.

The pay is insane IF you're a full timer. Too big of a gap between part time and the full time guys, in my opinion. The last peak I worked I got a call to drive my personal vehicle to another domicile approximately 100 miles away. I then ran a mileage run in their truck, returning to the original departing facility (turn). They reimbursed me mileage for driving my own vehicle to the other depot and guess what? I got paid MORE per mile for driving my pickup than I did pulling a set of doubles from PA to NJ! Of course, that's not the case if you're full time.

That being said, UPS FULL TIME Feeder would be about the ONLY place I'd go if I were looking for another driving job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.