UPS Feeder Driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Midwesttrucker, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I tried working for UPS one year during peak season, never again! First, you will only be making about half of what a full time driver makes. Second, you will end up with the "left-overs". Hang by the phone so you can take what has been passed over. The building that I was hired to work out of, I was plainly told that after peak season, bye bye. Well, I told them bye bye well before the end of peak season. Maybe if I had been making "big bucks" as the full timers, I might withstood the bull$$$$, but not for $14 per hr.

gräkken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    This, coming from someone who does foodservice, would handily illustrate the atmosphere at UPS package!

And, i would wholeheartedly agree!

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Exactly how I've heard it is. I have friends who have been there a long time and are miserable but have to much time in to move on.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Alegria123

Alegria123 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Houston tx
    Absolutely, I know what u mean about the bid trucks. I worked 10 years as a teamster in California and I know all about seniority!

6. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    That was the old pay for seasonal drivers which is ridiculous.
    Now they pay a lot more. Depending on location seasonals now get paid $27- 31 an hour.

7. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    A lot of those guys would be miserable any where they go.
    If they worked at majority of other companies they'd be on suicide watch.

I wouldn't give this job up for anything. Best driving job I ever had. I'm sure some hubs/centers are rough. Mine thank God isn't. Very laid back. Management is respectful to drivers unless you're a total screw up. But this same thing can be said for any company.

I know some guys that are complete screw ups. They do a crappy job. Half ### everything. They don't do anything right and when management is up their butts about it they cry harrassment and tell everyone how they're being victimized.

8. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Most of that is true but the pay is different now, Seasonals make around $30 an hour now.

9. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Thats just union culture. Seen it alot in the mfg gig i had previously. Then someone came up with a grand idea to bring Semi-Autonomous work groups in and eliminated alot of supervisor positions. Think before i left there were 3 supervisors that came and took off in the previous year.

Then they wonder why minimal production is getting done. No support from the higher ups.

10. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Just saw an ad for seasonal feeder here in town offering a 5,000 sign on bonus and $35 an hour! They must really be hurting for drivers. Probably decent odds to get hired on after Christmas though.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I mean... The average person waits a decade to become a feeder driver, at most terminals. Something to think about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.