UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Don't need 4x4, Don't go off road.....at least not intentionally.

Dreams of riding in style crushed yet again..............

Starting price for 3500 silverado W/T is "only" 38K though............:(

Mike2633 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The 3500 has the same tiny tie rods as the 1500. Probably not much difference between the two except for springs.

4. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Let's move the truck/new car discussion to another thread.

5. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    P.S.
    Forgot about Tahoe, but that's out too as base price is $47.5. So, chevy charges $1000 per foot, apparently?

:(

Ok, let's move the car discussion to another thread.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Also, my truck got taken away:(. The honeymoon is over. That truck flat out FLEW at 80mph+.

i could pass anyone AND everyone INCLUDING greyhound........

The only people i could not pass were maybe O/O's, but i didn't need to or want to because anything above 80 gets kind of scary anyways...

Got a brand new 2018 Liner which is ok, but it's just not the same.......can only do 68.

Goodbye #21619, you served me and the company well. And even though you are a volvo, i always liked you.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Running my ### off. It's a blur. Gone thru all sorts of landscapes, not just interstates. This is due to the geographic locations of our terminals and how i feel that the most direct route is often NOT the interstate. Will post check asap.

1) Some of the playlist was: (and this was mostly set on random play off The 'Tube and i will mention the significance of this shortly):

1) "Night Fever" Bee Gees
    2) "The Plague" Nuclear Assault
    3) "United" Judas Priest
    4) "Heading out to the Highway" Judas Priest
    5) "Welcome to Bucketheadland" Buckethead
    6) "Sex Machine" James Brown
    7) "Dr. Love" / "Detroit Rock City" Kiss
    8) "Marathon" Rush
    9) "Fight the Good Fight" Triumph
    10) "Boogie Shoes" Kc and the sunshine band
    11) "Head over Heels" "Our lips are Sealed" Go-Go's
    12) "you Sexy Thing" Hot Chocolate
    13) "Roar" Katy Perry
    14) "Party in the USA" Mylie Cyrus
    Much, much more i can't remember right now. It's been a blur

While the selection may seem odd, it was on random play and i liked most of it; Sometimes late at night when you are getting kind of tired sometimes i just need SOMETHING........ANYTHING to keep me going. Those songs mostly work, particularly "Sex Machine" by his bad self, Dr. James Brown. And i offer these to you as suggestions. Will discuss this further in greater detail in another thread.

Podcasts:
    Outside podcast (particularly Science of Survival subsection)
    Podcasts

RISK

Sword and Scale (although again i caution you NOT to listen to this one. i'm already drawn in and it's too late for me, so it makes no difference for me. This podcast is negative as hell)

Clark Howard

"Face the Music" Audiobook by Paul Stanley----available on the 'Tube.

2) Truck got taken away and replaced by a brand new 2018 Liner. It's ok, but will only do 68. That's a blow, but the job is still a blast. Getting use to and liking the adaptive cruise control.
    i think, though, that Freightliner may be going back to their old ways because i have a hunch the front end alignment is off.

STILL doing paper logs.

3) On second thought, we can talk about cars etc.; i want this diary to be mainly about working at UPSF and then branch off into other areas of life.
    i think my best bet is to buy a used, say 2010-2015 Tahoe, Suburban etc. and then have it refurbished. i mean the money here is GOOD, but it's not SO GOOD where it makes sense to plunk down $50,000 for something that i'm not going to drive that much.

4) When my girls found out how much i was making per night, it suddenly seems like they are paying A LOT more attention to me. Whereas just a few weeks ago, it was "i'm too tired/i have a headache." Now I'M too tired.......... Funny how all that works.........?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Bob Dobalina and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Looks like you found your groove, in more ways than one. Good on ya.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  9. Dabrian

Dabrian Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    North Carolina
    You guys are still on paper? Our terminal has been on elogs for 5 months now and truthfully their phase 1 was a breeze but now we are on phase 2 and it's a major pain in the ###.

10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Not my terminal---just me and the rest of the new road drivers at my terminal. i think when you're in a large company, sometimes you slip thru the cracks. (Pls don't tell nobody...)

Now my 85+mph tractor did get taken away, so it's probably only a matter of time before i get tied to the ELD machine.......

11. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    1) Don't need larger tie-rods cos i don't go off road......at least not intentionally.....

2) Too busy to post checks----have been all over the place at all hours.........will post as soon as i get a chance.........

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.