UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Good diary. The pay starting out sucks though. Did you not want to do linehaul or there aren't openings in your area?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    What’s up with UPSF and UPS only having seasonal positions posted and no regular positions?

4. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    No, i DO linehaul. And every terminal around me is short on linehaul and P+D drivers.

Where are you looking?

Give it time; Every terminal around me (there are 2 within 30 miles, 2 within 100 miles, 2 within 160 miles ALL SHORT road and P+D drivers. My terminal short 1 linehaul and probably soon to be another linehaul dedicated run opening up.

Freight is raining from the sky here at UPSF; If you want to run, you can RUN. We are running our sugar tails off;

5. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    P.S.
    UPS freight no longer highest pay LTL'er. FedEx freight is.

i don't know the details, this is just what i've heard a few days ago.

6. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX

But only pulling less than $60k? I thought linehaul drivers make good money at UPS. Does UPSF hire linehaul drivers from the street or do I have put in work on dock first?

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    No, i just started linehaul---and should make at least 85K and i'm not even at top rate yet.

Yes, you can do linehaul directly from the street.

8. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I just got an email from UPSF hr saying they have open positions in the terminal im interested in. City and Road (linehaul?) drivers. I attempted filling out an app but man they want specific info I dont think I can provide.

List every license you have ever held including DL number and expiration date. Who the hell remembers that stuff from 30+ years ago?.

9. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Ouch! :(
    i only started linehaul back in Jan. The first 3 years i was city/P+D.

Remember, i'm not at top rate yet. i'll go to top rate in a few months and should make 70K.

BTW, where do you live, in Chevy Chase?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Actually, on second thought and after analyzing it, something IS wrong.

If we do not factor in the pay increase (going to top rate), then i'm only projected to make 68K:(

If we DO factor in the pay increase, then i'll probably make 72k.

If i work a whole year at top rate, then i'll project to make 89K, which isn't bad.

i don't know---maybe it's because i take a lot of naps?

Well, most other linehaul drivers do make BIG MONEY here. i've seen their checks and i see what they drive----Audis, Suburbans etc.

Well, this is an honest, no BS diary and i want to tell it like it is, so i'm glad you brought up my paltry pay (i still think you live in Buckhead or Ansley Park...........)

But i will say this: I AM HAVING MORE FUN ON THIS JOB THAN MOST OTHER JOBS I'VE HAD, IT'S THE MOST LAIDBACK JOB I'VE EVER HAD AND WHEN I GO INTO OFFICES AND SEE THOSE MANAGERS IN BOARD ROOM, I'M PRETTY SURE I'M HAVING MORE FUN THAN THEM (I WAS A MANAGER SO I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THAT.)

ITS THE FUNNEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD
    (tied with one OTR job i had and another linehaul gig)

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  11. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    UPS is the most anal company in the universe, so you might have to do some digging.

Can you call the DMVs where you used to live?

Redtwin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.