UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    P.S.
    Yes, Road = linehaul.

But there's a few different types of linehaul:
    Nightliner.............this is when you go to the same terminal everynight. You may have to work the docks for a few hours if there's time; Unload your trailers and/or load the trailers you'll be taking back. Then return to your home terminal. Very consistent---you'll know exactly when you start and generally when you'll be back.

Meet and turn-----this is when you meet another driver at a truckstop(or terminal) and switch trailers and book.

Extra Board---which is what i am. You will not know where you're going and IF and when exactly you'll be back, although i've only had to stay out like 3 seperate days total so far. In this case, you just go to the nearest hotel to the terminal when you run out of hours. i was not complaining because i was tired as hell. Generally, you do come home everyday.

There may be more types that i don't know about. There are quite a few team runs.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I might have to do that. Im putting it off until i go home next week as then i will have access to driving history as I dont remember the exact dates of tickets I got in the early 90s either.

If im too late, oh well.

4. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    BTW, if you want to see what the richmond terminal looks like, then:

The terminal itself is OK, It's some of the people AT the terminal that need a little help............

5. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I would be cranky too if I had to mess around with dollies like that AND keep my tires wet with Armor-all.

6. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Too busy to post checks, but will continue asap. YTD total as of today is $35,908.

2) In the meantime, If you're in Maine or close to, Portland terminal NEEDS city drivers like a blimp needs helium.

3) i think upper "management" is putting unrealistic demands on lower (TM) managerks and thus, the lower managerks have no choice but to impose these unrealistic and delusional demands on the workers----drivers, dockers, office staff etc.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    No time to post checks right now. YTD total is only $37K and some change as of today; i apologize and will try to do better.

Moral just isn't too good at the moment company-wide; Lots of conflict between managers, conflict between managers and workers etc. Having difficulty hiring and retaining folks. We need drivers like blimp needs helium.........

8. SmoothTrucker23

SmoothTrucker23 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Have you heard about anything with the contract?? I heard drivers that start after august 1st are only at like 17$ an hour?

9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Denver has ads on CL saying 23 for P&D if that helps. Appreciate the updates, RR, since I've been eyeing their openings and also wondering why there are so many.

10. SmoothTrucker23

SmoothTrucker23 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Oh yeah where im at they are hiring like crazy its insane

11. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Where are you?. There are job openings near me and I have applied for 4 positions since end of May, but I have yet to hear anything. Not even a "stop bothering us you talentless loser".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.