UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    ###### what’d I miss?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Well, basically, senator, i was saying that IF the nearest safe haven happens to be in the direction of the home terminal or IF the terminal itself IS the nearest safe haven, the P.C. is legal. Bobtailing, or not, is immaterial. Please read, or re-read the newest, recent guidance concerning P.C..

At this point, i would like to recuse myself, on this thread, from any further discussion concerning P.C.

4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Got it, I was going under the whole advancing of the load issue but seems you are right.

5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    That’s what I would have thought, but the pay stubs show otherwise. It even has some drop/hook pay at OT.

I’m guessing fxf doesn’t do that?

6. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

i still wasn't able to track my total hours worked per week. It seems like most of the time, i do a re-set during the week. i'm also in a hurry and i don't want to dork around with the eld.
    i will try next week to figure something out.

Grumpy terminals:
    harristown
    bichmond (self-explanatory)

Friendly terminals:
    Bethlehem (pa)
    Hagerstown (md)
    "Lake" Moonachie. (nj) Why do we call it "lake" moonachie? Drive by and find out.....
    philly (possibly THE best terminal in the company)
    Carteret (nj)
    To be continued....

"Special" terminals.....
    Baltimoron: Considering how much pressure they are under, they remain professional: cool, calm and collected. So i have to give them props for that.
    Brooklyn: ehhhhhhh...............

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Terminals in Filthadelphia and a suburb of Newark NJ are considered “friendly”? o_O

8. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    We Baltimorans are special. Much appreciated.

9. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    And apparently have sonar; i don't know you/they can function on the dock when it's so dark and you can't see what you're doing? Considering how much money the company makes, there's no excuse for not having adequate lighting. We damage so much freight already.....

10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS, here, is SUBURBAN MONEY. i believe 64 hours total on-duty for that week.
    This is/was a very good run----go to the same terminals each night, all driving, no dockwork. i got bumped off it by someone with more seniority. i just ran it this week to fill in. i would rather have it this way, then to have random drivers put on runs, just because "management" feels like it or due to favoritism.

But it all might be moot as it seems this run is morphing into a hybrid, route/extra board run. There are other changes that seem to be coming about or discussed in the air..... We might be switching completely to Sun-Thurs hub runs. Some terminals already have Sun-Thurs hub work.

11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    At least you’d have a normal Friday and Saturday night to yourself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.