UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    The check i was talking about was in my pocket the whole time---which is why i couldn't find it:

[​IMG]

For the first one, we got paid for labor day of course. i think i ran one night, then worked city for 2 days.
    For the second one, i believe i worked 2 days linehaul, then 1 day city.

It's going inexplicably slow on linehaul lately, for some reason.

Not good driverz, not good.....

i want to make clear that this IS NOT necessarily normal procedure at UPSF; At my terminal, things are such that if you don't work linehaul on a particular night, you can work the city the next day. We are short city drivers. Again, everything is terminal dependent.

2) Here is a good example of how we feel about you and yo' S#$%T:

[​IMG]
    Here is an example of freight that is beyond reasonable acceptance:

WE DON'T GIVE A DAM ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FREIGHT. WE ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY. YOU ARE GARBAGE TO US. In fact, we want you to:

DIE, YOU IGNORANT, UNWASHED, USELESS, COMMON WORM

I WILL CONTINUE TO POST EXAMPLES OF HOW WE TREAT THE VERY FREIGHT THAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TRUSTED US WITH UNTIL WE START HANDLING IT WITH THE RESPECT THAT IT , AND THE CUSTOMERS DESERVE. AND NO-ONE CAN STOP ME.

Until then, if you have something to ship, i would suggest using, for example, R+L carriers----a company that handles freight correctly and with care.

Yes, this is a REAL, UNBIASED diary; i post good AND BAD.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    P.S.
    IF ANY OF YOU CORPORATE MOFOS ARE WATCHING THIS THREAD. NO, I WILL NOT STOP POSTING PICTURES UNTIL WE START HANDLING FREIGHT WITH PROPER CARE. AND YOU CANNOT STOP ME.

MIGHT I SUGGEST FIXING THE PROBLEM RATHER THAN SILENCING THE MESSENGER?

dwells40 Thanks this.
  4. sabresfan 76

sabresfan 76 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    I honestly doubt they even care. Everything for them is just business. In regards to the sleep issue if you haven't already I highly suggest getting a sleep study done through your personal physician. Possibly getting off nights if it's available. After working nights for the better part of 20 years I'm back to sleeping at night and I can honestly say I've never felt better.

5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    What's mind boggling to me is how a UPSF driver with at least 4 years of seniority has even a chance of being sat at home.

Cardfan89 and jmz Thank this.
  6. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Welp, let me put it on the table:
    Some of these extra-board, "900" (900, 901, 902 etc.) runs are NG runs (Non-guaranteed) runs. Take a wild guess what that means......
    Let me also state that we have never sat this much before since i've been doing linehaul. So, something strange is happening. It's dry as hell. H-town is BONE DRY, so i've heard. Haven't been there in over a week.

Now, i'm not really complaining that much because i'm pretty much done with nightime linehaul anyways because of the sleep factor and this is the ONLY reason. It's still the best job in trucking IF you can stay awake/sleep during the day. i have gotten great sleep the past 2-3 weeks. i've been working city lately.

This latest check also sucked, but at least i did crack 60. There might still be hope for me.

[​IMG]

i worked city today. FUN! Not too much rushing and cussing.....yet.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    If more and more customers start seeing these pictures, they'll start to care.....

8. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Worked city yesterday-----FUN. Except one pallet of liquor (i can't get away from beverage delivery....) fell onto another pallet, so i had restack. One bottle broke, but fortunately the customer didn't care.

This was my fault---- i didn't look at my freight carefully and rushed out of the yard (more on that in a sec). i didn't use a strap when i should have.

The whole situation turned out ok, as i would have to break down the pallet anyways into about 4 pallets to roll it to the customer's door. Total weight was 2000lbs. so there's NO WAY it's going to move unless completely flat concrete floor, and even that's too much weight...........

If you run city, get some straps out of the strap bin, carry some with you, put some in the truck/trailer, and use 'em. Even if you don't think you need to.

2) Now about rushing. Forget about rushing. Concentrate on safety, steadiness, and consistency.
    a) If you run in a large city, esp on east cost, you've got to be constantly vigilant----bikes coming at you at any/all angles, pedestrians who think they are the most important thing on the planet, too many cars etc.

Don't stare at any on point for too long----constantly be scanning. Your neck muscles will get a workout----which may be a good thing anyways.........

TURN YOUR HEAD OR YOUR DEAD.

b) Another thing is what i try to do is have a cushion of good space on all four sides, especially in the front. Like i said, forget about rushing.

FUN. And i get to sleep good.

Not sure what is going on with linehaul. It's very strange. Don't actually care that much.

9. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Another thing is that if i had bid on one of the niteliner/hub runs, then i'd be working everynight guaranteed. But it's not really my thing.

i think my problem is that i don't like driving, then docking, then driving again. IF, let's say, it worked like----drive to the hub, break your lead (or set), load and outgoing pup (or set), THEN sleep in bunkhouse or hotel, while another driver...ok that won't work, but you get the idea.

What i'm trying to say is that i don't mynd dockwork----for example evening outbound is fun. Even if i were to load outbound city in the mornings (which occasionally we do with our own trucks) that is also fun.

i don't like doing dockwork in the middle of the night, and then having to drive again.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    i've been running city lately; FUN! You really get to see a lot when you do extra-board city. i think i might make an entire video of a typical P+D day entitled, "Nothing happens on my route." This would be patterned after the book, "Nothing happens on my block." i would then speed up/time compress the entire day into like 20 mins or so. Like today, i saw some full-size model experimental cars at a specialty store, then delivered to a hockey rink inside one of our local malls---while a game was on-going.

More rushin' and cussin', but FUN. And i get to sleep normally, at night, which is when you're supposed to sleep....

Russian Rabbit = Cussin' Rabbit

NOTES:
    1) When i say rushin' i mean more mentally and while you're at your stops. Not while driving.

2) When you're unsure of anything while backing (or even while going forward):

G.Y.A.O.O.T.T.A.L
    Get your A@# out of the truck and look.

3) Not sure what is going on with linehaul and don't give a crap either.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  11. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    All good kids like milk!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.