UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Hell for that kind of money on 3 days I’d fly into Chicago and back week for that job lol

LtlAnonymous and De Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    We are slowing down a bit but still hoping to hit a buck twenty.
    20191019_211852.jpg

4. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    This latest check is a good illustration of what you could make working city p+d, at top pay rate, in a division 1 (northeast) terminal. This is the first, and only entire week that i've worked city at top pay rate; Remember, i started linehaul while still at 3rd year rate. It is/was going slow on linehaul, so i got a chance to work city the entire week:

[​IMG]

i say 50-ish hours is about typical for a division one terminal, although, again every terminal is/may be different and EVERYTHING is terminal dependent.

a) It could vary; Those dock/cdl combo mofos are REALLY raking it in; Analyzing my check, you can see that 10 additional hours (which would all be overtime) would push the check OVER $2000. And yes, there are city drivers that make this.

b) We have a new rule, in the contract, that states if you've worked for 11 hours you do not have to work any more----unless you're the last one in and there's no one left. However, you could volunteer for more. You might be surprised how many drivers only want 8,9,10 hours and they're done for the day.
    On paper, the money sounds good, but you try working the city, here in the northeast and see how much you can take per day.....

Additional thoughts concerning city:
    1) i did not receive any cash tips this week, but i did receive water and sodas and, in the moment, a soda may be worth more than a $20. Yes, i know that with a $20, you could drive to the nearest convenience store buy a soda and have $18 left over, but i'm saying in the moment; By the time you reach the store, you may already be dehydrated.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    LtlAnonymous, Bob Dobalina and McUzi Thank this.
  5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I can’t even imagine doing 60 hours of p&d work up here. I found while on the city side that after 10 hours I was totally done mentally. Although, I do kind of miss being downtown, as sick as that is to say.

LtlAnonymous and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yep. 10 on linehaul isn't bad at all (except in bad weather, of course), but much more than 10 can start to get brutal in the city.

LtlAnonymous and McUzi Thank this.
  7. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    POST YO' CHECKS

WE DON'T CARE 'BOUT THOSE OTHER REASONS YOU GAVE.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Wait til the spring hits and youre doing 60-65 hrs a wk with a 10am start time. Yuck.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    What company is that with? Doesnt look like a ups freight check.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    It ain't
    I'm ex brown.
    Work for PX....

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Nice. Some good earnings there.

LtlAnonymous and Dennixx Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.