UPS Freight Diary:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    You're at top rate for UPSF and only pulled in 77k?! For all the time you need to devote to that place, I'd say they're getting the better end of the deal.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Please stay tuned---will post asap.

2) i did state that i passed a lot which, i feel, contributed to the lame 77K.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Very sorry i could not post for a while. i was and am very busy (perhaps that is a good thing?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i will post notes as they come to me:

1) The declaration i made previously that linehaul was better than sex was a stupid and irresponsible statement. i HATE linehaul. It could really mess you up physically and neurologically.

2) i am on city extraboard now. Still fun. Lots of variety. The way we do it at my terminal is that i need to fill in for linehaul when needed. The official way to do it is i believe dock/cdl has to do it, not city extraboard. But this is the way we do it at my terminal. And it's a little complicated why it's like this and i don't feel like getting into more detail as to why at the moment.
    i know i stated that i hate linehaul and i do, but every now and then is ok for variety. You'll see in the above checks that i filled in occasionally.
    i don't remember my last inside delivery and have been tipped at least $40 since the new bid started.

3) The jockeys at harrisburg (a.k.a. grumpyburg) are very grumpy./rude. Them peoples is not getting laid is my theory on this. Including one of the girl jockeys.

4) From my observations, UPSF is one of the most selfish companies around; It's all about numbers first. i delivered to a celebrity and we treated his stuff like @#$. So, we don't care if you're a celebrity or not-----WE DON'T GIVE A DAM ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FREIGHT.
    It's still a good place to work though, but as far as customer non-service it's horrible.

i will post more notes as they come to me.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
  6. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    What a reversal of fortune:

i cannot post checks because the company will not print stubs unless/until the crisis is over (what that has to do with the crisis, i don't know)
    Anyways, my last pay, NET, was $599.20, so you can figure how pitiful the gross was, also take into consideration that i take maximum deductions. This was for 2 days only.

There have been a few layoffs at my terminal and there is only one driver left below me.

i have since been moved to the dock, not openly voluntarily because i would NEVER enthusiastically volunteer for dock, but offered a move to the dock. i can get to learn to "love" the dock REAL quick given the circumstances.

It's not a permanent move. Just for the situation. i think it's .25 cents less per hr than driving? i'll take it.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Also, i can say that construction and residentials don't seem to be slowing down one bit around here.

8. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Since everyone and myself seem to have much more time, i figured this would be a good time to empty out and organize all the stored pictures i had.

One of things i love about extraboard (there are disadvantages too) is the variety; You will see alot.
    You could literally go from delivering at the airport to a farm in one day:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two, i was leaving norfolk on linehaul last summer. We got stuck on the bridge and i don't remember why.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jtaran06, jmz, dwells40 and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Dang youre lucky! U get a fancy volvo to drive!

10. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    So, i was wondering, at this point, if we could keep all comments germane and USEFUL to the conversation?

Thanks.

Also, post your checks.

11. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    its the tan that drives the ladies wild

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.