UPS Freight??

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by MMR2466, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MMR2466

MMR2466 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Eastern, PA
    So applied for a job w/UPS Freight. Got a call. Recruiter states you get paid 39.5 cents per mile and avg of 1800 miles. Doesn't take a math genius to see this doesn't add up to much.

Though they INSIST that the avg worker gets paid 59,000 a year

They also state you will get home 2 nights during the week.

Anyone work for them? What is the pay like? Do they stick to their word w/regards to "home 2 nights per week and off weekends?"

cents per mile is more than they are paying now....so wondering if it is worth it to go there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Even though UPS Freight is the LTL division of UPS, it sounds like you'll be working for their truckload division.

I think their LTL division(doubles/triples) may start higher and some locations are union. It could also be that you are on a wage progression scale with like 3 years to top out or something.

4. nightrider1

nightrider1 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Well let me tell you about UPS freight truck load, I am currently working for them. This is a none union side, I DO NOT get two days off. Are you gonna be on dedicated route or transactional route? This will let you know what kinda of money you will be making. If you wanna know the real skinny on this company send me an PM.....:biggrin_25512:

5. MMR2466

MMR2466 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Eastern, PA
    Thank you! Will do!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.