Ups freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Gazoo64, May 7, 2014.

1. PALOU

PALOU Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2013
    OTR
    Any UPS,ABF,FEDEX driver out of Atlanta here?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    But they don't ever fix there trucks... The trucks are in worse condition then YRCS

Shaggy Thanks this.
  4. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Yea my creepy brother I was groomed by yrc for almost 3 years, and I couldn't adjust to UPSF either. Sure my current gig doesn't pay like UPSF in the long run but it's a lot more relaxed.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. 6 Speed

6 Speed Heavy Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Feeder drivers are UPS package drivers that run between terminals. Same as a linehaul driver.

6. 6 Speed

Jan 2, 2014
    I doubt that.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Obviously you never had a mechanic give negative comments about a driver for the follow up,
    I doubt that :biggrin_2559:

Marksteven and ACH1130 Thank this.
  8. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I worked at both. All our trucks at UPSF were in such poor condition. And the mechanics never fixed any, just waited till it died completely. I had 4 different trucks that needed new egrs in 4 months. At almost 3 years at yrc NEVER had that

9. 6 Speed

Jan 2, 2014
    I missed something,thought we were talking about UPS package.I still think of ups freight as overnite and I agree they had some junk.

10. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    oh no comparison to UPS package. Their equipment is always in great shape. Even the older trucks look brand new

Marksteven Thanks this.
  11. E.C.CUPP

E.C.CUPP Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2015
    They absolutely are a PITA.To work for..They hired me as a full time city driver BUT THEY didnt tell me until i took the job IT'S PART TIME ON CALL HRS..I was there for about 3 months..until I was about to lose my home..with out going into too much detail I was the dumb fish who took the hook..in all three months I actually drove 9 times to make pick ups..the rest was all dock work at PART TIME DOCK WORKERS PAY..needless to say if you have a spouse or some other job to work at.. (which they really frown on cause they want you to sit by the phone at there beck and call all hrs of the day)..Just in case they need you that day mind you..then it's not bad..you better have another income they should da said in the beginning and about 8to9yrs years to kill if u ever wanna make any kind of living..the branch I was at was union and about 6 guys above me have been ON CALL STATUS for about 7 yrs..they get called in before me mind you and in a union shop that's how it should be..BUT THEY MAKE IT SOUND LIKE you'll b working 10HRS AT LEAST every day..yeah rite I worked every other day 4hrs on the dock about it..and fueled all the trucks for another hr. .good luck with these rotten mother#%&*ers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.