UPS Heavy Air Freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by michigan83, Apr 14, 2019.

1. michigan83

michigan83 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Michigan
    I saw a job posting in my area for UPS full-time heavy air freight p&d driver. Can anyone give me the inside scoop on this job? Which company is this? UPS Freight or plain old UPS? What might the starting pay and schedule look like?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I ran into one of their guys at a pickup a few years ago and asked him about it because his truck said "UPS Cartage" and he said it was air freight. It wasn’t Freight or package, it was a division created when they bought Emery Worldwide. He wasn't specific about pay but said they made less than the feeder drivers.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    But then again, doesn’t every other truck driver at UPS make less than feeders?

5. michigan83

Jan 26, 2010
    Michigan
    Right. Making “less than feeders” could still be better than most trucking jobs.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I don’t dispute that at all.

7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Definitely true.

I didn't mean to imply they were poorly paid, just saying he mentioned that to me.

8. michigan83

Jan 26, 2010
    Michigan
    Should have said this sooner, but I did appreciate the info in your first reply. I was basically trying to say that those guys might still be paid pretty well and now I’m interested in finding out more.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. michigan83

Jan 26, 2010
    Michigan
    After doing some internet searching, I think those guys might top out around $30/hour. Couldn’t find anything about starting wage.

10. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Heavy air freight is under UPS CSI (Cartage Services Inc). Completely separate from Parcel or Freight. They're under UPS's Supply Chain Solutions. They drive white trucks instead of brown. They tend to deal with anything over 150 pounds...for 2 day, international, etc., deliveries. They deal with stuff that small package can't handle...but isn't that what Freight is for? :scratch: :dontknow:

Paywise...they're under UPS Parcels National Master Freight Agreement under supplemental. Same pay progression, but top rate will vary as local and regional will dictate top rate. That's why they don't post a top rate on the National Contract. It'll be listed on the supplemental.

You can download UPS Cartage supplemental contract off the Teamsters website. Pay will be under article 41 of the National Contract.

11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.