UPS Holiday Temp pay

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Oct 4, 2018.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    That's how most guys have to do it to get in. Unless they started there young enough like I did loading trucks. You can work one peak there and make more than you will in a year at a mega so not all that bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, I did okay there as a seasonal employee.

The only issue was not having benefits. That hurt.

4. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    You must be on the good stuff..... lol its just a flyer. Id hardly call a $100 ‘referral’ a bonus. Its more of a thank you.

While some will scoff at the company offering seasonal no contract, no stability jobs. Look at it like this. They actually pay the worker a noteworthy rate vs contracting through a temp service donating half the workers wage away in ‘fees’.

I call it a win win. As others have said its a foot in the door and to be utilized as such.

5. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Plus... A lot of people get their foot in the door who aren't really up to UPS standards. The seasonal work Is a chance for the supervisors to see what you're made of.

And that's unfortunate for the drivers, but...UPS holds itself and its drivers to a high standard. You can laugh at that if you want, but it is what it is. I personally like that, you may not.

6. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Yep. Why do that when you can go live in a truck and run into everything for 35k a year lol.

7. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Man. For some reason that sounds like a lot of fun tonight. Maybe I'll put it in an application. Lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Get in on all that internet fame on twisted truckers lol

FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    The only problem will be coming up with a new way to mess up. Some of those guys are pretty inventive.

FlaSwampRat and SidewaysBentHalo Thank this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    ... And then put it in first gear at the top of the mountain, push in the clutch, and wait until I hit 100 miles per hour to release it.

I call it the trux capacitor.

Cardfan89 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You will be a fuel mileage hero lol. 230mpg until he ran into the side of a mountain. I remember when I was driving in package they bought 22 Freightliner hybrid package cars and they were getting 3mpg...they were sooooo pissed lol. I had one of those turds for years. Worst automated trans ever and the world's loudest air compressor. Screenshot_20190716-192327.png

Attached Files:

Cardfan89 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.