UPS or FedEx Freight???????

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by 232trucker, Jul 25, 2016.

1. 232trucker

232trucker Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Queens, New York
    Hey Guys I have had interviews with both UPS and FedEx Freight Tractor trailer jobs. Both are interested in me. The UPS is a great job with a union and full benefits plus pension. I will be doing runs to the airport city pick ups and dock work.. But the pay is only $19 hr but in 3yrs it goes way up. The FedEx job is also good with benefits a pension and the pay is up in the $20's.. I will be a city pick up and delivery driver. Both are great careers but I don't know how I would pay my bills waiting for 3 yrs. So I was thinking FedEx. Which one would you go with..this is a hard decision. Please any help, info on these companies would be great..

viper822004 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Seems like a no brainer.Fed Ex. Best of luck to you.

AshleyJ Thanks this.
  4. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Ups. It's worth it on the long run

5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    If you can not pay your bills on $19.00 per hour you need to sell something!

skinnytrucker and TequilaSunrise Thank this.
  6. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    I would go with UPS, it would be much better in the long run IMO.. That's if you could stand eating beans for a few years..

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  7. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    UPS is my goal in the future !

What can you do for Brown though...?

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd have to agree.

9. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Read up on glassdoor, fedex freight is rated at a 3.7 review with job satisfaction and ups freight is at about 2.7. I had an interview with UPS a few weeks ago and was offered a non job kinda job. Work sometimes until something opens up. I'm currently waiting on fedex. Just keep in mind that just because there is a pension now doesn't promise one in the future or at least a good one anyway. With a good company match with 401k and diversifying with other investments you could probably do even better than the pension.

My opinion is no job is a guarantee. What happens if you get let go before 3 years and you spent all that time being broke just to not have a job in the end. Just something to think about.

TequilaSunrise and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  10. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    UPS is a great job if you can handle the pressure and micro managing. I turned them down a few years ago. One of the things I like most about this industry is the freedom. At buster brown you'll be another "whipping boy"

11. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    That's exactly the feeling I got, Reddaway is so laid back. They micro manage everything you do at UPS and will let you starve while they do it.

Bob Dobalina and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.