1. mDub

mDub Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Mooreville, MS
    My pop was an O/O leased to colonial when the hurricanes came through south and east FL the Railroad shut down, so they had him running 40ft UPS trailers from Jacksonville to Miami and back. he made a LOT of money those couple weeks even with Colonial taking 33%

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Colorado
    Even UPS Freight? I know Package Operations is almost all union, but as far as I know, Freight (the former Overnite company) is non union. The IBT is trying to unionize Freight.

4. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    International.Brotherhood.of Teamsters what a joke. There about to run Yellow.Roadway.Corp into the ground. I hope they pass that card check thing so I can show their pushers what I really think of them. All the unions are good for these days is keeping LAZY people working. Michigan is a good example of what the I.B.T and United Autoworkers (aka U.A.W) will get you if you join their no good crap so called union. Glad I live in a right to work state. I hate going off on a tangent guys but when I read stuff like skinnytrucker posted my blood pressure goes up. Sorry if I didnt make myself clear. Just my.02 worth. Also the driver wanting to know about ups otr yes they do have an otr division and it is seperate from ups brown. http://www.ltl.upsfreight.com/aboutus/careers.aspx see if this helps. Down with the unions bring on the capitalist.

Infosaur and ronnieb67 Thank this.
  5. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009
    The only thing running YRC into the ground is their inept management. Try doing some research before making unfounded claims

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    They have a flatbed division running all over the country out of Mississippi

7. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    Your wrong,............There is a national contract with the Teamsters covering UPS Freight,..............Currently the only non-union drivers are those of us working in the "zones".......

8. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/04/katie-packer-employee-free-choice-act/?test=latestnews
    This right here is just another bit of RESEARCH I was doing this morning. Pay attention to the part about the union bosses following you hiome. It would be fine with him or her to follow me but I live in a state where if I fill my life is in danger and their on my property well I guess you get the picture. The guy that started the company I work for (and get payed a livable wage) started it in his back yard. After years of hard work and some luck to have a union come in and try to take over and tell him he's making to much money and needs to give more well that does not set well with me. One day it may be me that they come after if I own a company. If my boss didnt pay a liveable you know what I wouldnt be working there and I dont need no I.B.T telling me how to walk if it got to that point. DOWN WITH I.B.T AND BRING ON THE CAPITALIST.

ronnieb67 Thanks this.
  9. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009
    http://www.glgroup.com/News/-35-Percent-of-Zero--is-Not-Positive-42453.html

You have every right as an American to dislike unions. All I'm saying is don't blame the workers for YRC's mismanagement.

10. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Well since you named me specifically in your reply I feel the need to post an informed reply to you bama. First of all you don't work for YRC so you are talking out the wrong hole. I don't feel the need to come on this site and defend my employer for there inability to operate there co. I'm very happy you enjoy your .29 c.p.m job and I suppose you would be happy if all truck drivers would make minimum wage as well, oopps did I say minimum wage because thank God in heaven the unions in this country pushed for a minimum wage other wise corporate America would pay workers in this country a dollar an hour to work. Have you ever in your life worked for a co. that was represented by a union cause once you have you would see a difference. As far as your comment about the U.A.W. goes the only reason they moved tthere work to other countries is because the U.A.W. stands up for there members and demand a fair wage. The auto companies exploit the workers of other countries by paying them slave wages and they can't do anything about it. Take a look around your area for example, Al. is a very depressed state and the workers there make very little money to do the work they have. Besides that everyone knows the best thing to come out of Alabama is interstate 20. Now can we please get back on topic so that the original poster can gain more information regarding UPS without you taking this thread over with your ant-union speel.

11. crazyhorse00

crazyhorse00 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Butler Mo
    a friend of mine in kc drives a sleeper team to cali makes great money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.