UPS Overnite

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by schvety, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    seriously, these are the people who give unions a bad name

im glad to be union since my companies policy is "have a wreck, youre fired no matter what"......but i really get tired of all the guys who do nothing but complain and file grievances or get hurt on purpose just to be off work for a while

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

My company don't automatically fire a driver for an accident. They look at all the facts, the guy's safety record, his MVR, etc.

Roadway's policy was "you're fired no matter what" if you get in an accident but all that really meant was you go home without pay for a while until the union gets your job reinstated.

4. Freebird135

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    exactly....the only driver ive seen get fired and stay fired in my 3 years there is a city driver who came in tipsy

everybody makes mistakes, accidents happen...guys get fired all the time, and then come back 2 days, 2 weeks or even 2 months later....this is the main thing i like about being union

5. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I seem to recall at Roadway if you came in drunk or failed a piss test you were SOL, the union wouldn't get your job back. That's about all you could get permanently fired for.

Well, unless you REALLY ####ED up like beat somebody to death with a baseball bat or broke into a trailer and stole something. One time I was in Wisconsin and got a call from my mom saying her basement was flooded and my dad was off on one of his motorcycle tours of the country. I would be getting back in town late when the hardware stores were closed, so I whipped into a farm store in Menominee, WI and bought a sump pump. The security guards gave me crap about it when I was trying to walk out of the yard with it. I had to show them the receipt and explain what I was doing with it.

6. Freebird135

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    well theres 2 guys i know of who failed piss tests and came back, one of them failed again after he came back....took a while but hes back now

as far as coming in drunk, we will see about that one.....the guy who did it is actually a really good guy, and a good worker....i dont know what he was thinking

7. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I don't know. I'd never get in a truck when I was drunk.

8. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    hey who you callin a donkey shrek?:biggrin_25523:

9. fr0sty

fr0sty Light Load Member

May 16, 2010
    Melbourne, Victoria
    im very surprised ups doesnt have runs every night out of each state going to the next state over.
    The last I heard over here was to go from VIC to NSW(Next state over), the linehaul drivers got paid $1600 a night (UPS got paid $2000)800km; and that was 5 nights a week.
    And from VIC to SA just a tad under $1550 (UPS $1800) 700km
    ---
    The warehouse guys are told to get all the linehaul trailers loaded by 8pm; and when they get a truck in the morning (around 5am) to have it unloaded by 7-8am.
    ---
    Only two truckers I knew of (1st fleet)
    They would stay in VIC for a day, as they did our cross-country freight, from one side of Aus to the other; they were home every 8days for 2 nights

10. bordomzero

bordomzero Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Southern California

Wow this guy complains a lot.. Want some cheese?

11. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Do you Ups freight guys do alot of residential deliveries in the eastcoast area's? Or just in general!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.