UPS recruiting video. Chicago location

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by De Trucker, Mar 27, 2020.

1. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Over the years, many union shops have gone belly up. It is amazing that UPS, being highly unionized, has stayed in business with the extraordinary pay & benefits paid to their workers.
    HOLY MOSES!!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    NavigatorWife and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    That's because they were in the right business. Don't see too many UPS reefers or flatbeds.

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You may not realize it since they usually aren’t branded with UPS but they own and operate many refers. They formed Martrac in 1984 due to an imbalance of parcels shipped from the east coast out west. They were bought to haul packages west and refer freight back east. Most were on the rail but occasionally the Brown network pulled them when I was there.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
  6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I would be making SO much more money teaming than in the Brown trucks, and I've even thought about it in a moment of weakness, but...I've got the wife and the four-legged children to think about, so none of that for me. Haha

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Get you a short run 4,000 miles or so with a bunch of stops $$$$$ and a well seasoned co-driver and you may not go back to Brown trucks. I have a friend who has 20 plus year’s in and they leave Monday and back early Thursday morning. I told my old co-driver if he gets a Mon- thurs I would come back. I was just joking, but if I were still there I would consider it.

8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yeah, that's a definite thought. 3.5 days off a week appeals to me quite a bit. Haha

NavigatorWife and Banker Thank this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    When I was a night line haul driver I would usually catch up to few Omaha based ups drivers ...those guys were funny ! One night one of them compared ups drivers to movie stars saying we have expensive toys and really expensive divorces .

10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    And you probably never will. You will occasionally see them pulling the refer down the highway. Louisville uses refers everyday to pick up a load of crickets, flowers and chocolate around Valentines Day, occasionally full loads of Kansas City steaks and multiple loads of pharmaceuticals daily. Most of the time the Kansas City steaks are on a dry van because they are packed in dry ice. If you ever see the side of a dry van covered in frost, you will know it is a full trailer of steaks packed in dry ice.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.